Research Engineer - Air Treatment
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus, Free Onsite Gym
With the fast pace in which research are required to operate the role will require the individual to quickly identify key critical parameters and develop rigs, test methods and models around them. The role will require the interaction with NPI and NPD teams and occasionally wider business functions. Good communication of technical information is essential to making this position a success. The role would benefit from some knowledge of analysis tools that are commonly used to model or develop test methods or rigs. The successful applicant must be able to deliver solutions on time, cost and specification in this evolving environment.
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
- Experimentation, modelling, characterisation and optimisation of air purification technologies to meet agreed specifications.
- Research and development of lab based methods to gauge technology suitability.
- Collection and reporting of results to enable technical and product design decisions.
- Deliver specialist knowledge to engineers and management team as part of project progress reviews.
- Collaboration with external suppliers to identify relevant technologies
- Awareness of emerging technologies and the drive to generate new technology concepts.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in engineering (mechanical/chemical/general).
- Working knowledge and understanding of fundamental scientific theories specifically in the field of general engineering, physics or chemistry.
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions.
- Demonstrated capability in test method development for technology optimisation and integration
- Experience of engineering analysis tools, for example matlab, labview or minitab.
- Intellectually sharp with a passion for applied science and technical problem solving.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.