Research Scientist/Engineer for Consumer Experience
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
The consumer scientist will be responsible for the implementation a variety of consumer centric design techniques to drive insight and importantly product specification requirements across multiple categories.
As part of the Consumer Experience Team, you will have the unique opportunity to be at the centre of Dyson, defining the benefits for our customers. You will be in a position to utilise your creative approach in a new and growing team, which in turn means fantastic opportunity for your career progression.
Within this role, there is huge scope for development and implementation of new techniques and approaches to numerically assess and drive product design development and optimisation. The role calls for a self-starter with plenty of creativity and technical mastery in equal measure.
Dyson is a fast paced environment with high demands on quality and novel innovation. It is known for its fresh approach to Design. The successful candidate needs to thrive under pressure and be able to deftly juggle priorities and flex to the dynamic and agile environment that comes with this creative setting.
- Consumer Science or Consumer Centric Design experience with knowledge across qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and analysis.
- Ability to lead and implement single or multi-stage research projects delivering to the required standards and demonstrating a strong competence of technical skills.
- Ability to design (qualitative and quantitative) research to meet project objectives, produce good quality data and interpret/model the data into clear results and recommendations.
- Demonstrate a growing expertise in at least one discipline of Consumer science/centric design and a foundation of expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Develop effective relationships across functions (Research, Design, Marketing & Consumer Insights) ensuring that the work is in line with the overall project scope and priorities.