Research Engineer - New Technology Research
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
You will have a strong passion for mechanical development and mechatronics and will work closely with engineers and scientists to translate user insights and habits into quantifiable laboratory tests.
There will be a requirement to work at the early phases of projects, helping to shape the path and progress of the products up to TRL 5. There will be an emphasis on finding creative solutions to measure the performance of technologies and prototypes for early phase concepts, developing them as part of the wider New Technology Research team.
- Design and development of early stage performance test rigs and methods Measuring and proving technologies and products
- Communication of key insights and product recommendations
- Close working with Mechanistics and NPI to ensure the quality and relevance of the rigs delivered
- Reduction of test variability through the use of automation and good experimental rigor.
- A passion for engineering and problem solving in a product development context.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
- Able to execute experimental programs, analyse the data, summarise findings and make recommendations.
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions.
- Degree qualified in a relevant science or engineering discipline
- Prototype and test rig design and build experience Advanced working knowledge of MATLAB or LabVIEW and 3D modelling packages
- Experience in rig automation & mechatronics