Research Engineer - New Technology Research
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
The role will be within the New Technology Research team at Dyson and will centre on early stage technology research and engineering.
The engineer will research and develop technologies and products to support the rapidly expanding new categories and ambition within Dyson. There will be a need for tenacity and original thinking to develop concepts and fulfil the ambitions of the team. An ability to deal with uncertainty and communicate complex concepts to key stakeholders will be key.
You will work closely with engineers and scientists to develop technologies and products that will transmit a tangible benefit to the end user. You will have the opportunity to take these technologies to TRL 7.
- Research and investigation into new concepts and technologies
- Communication of concepts and key insights
- Close working with Mechanistics and NPI to develop technologies
- Developing concepts into marketable technologies with in the product milestone process.
- A passion for science and engineering and problem solving in a technology research.
- Good organisational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
- Clear logical thought and attention to detail.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Able to execute experimental programs, analyse the data, summarise findings and make recommendations.
- Willing to challenge assumptions or methods, pre-empt problems and find solutions.