Research Security Specialist
Bristol OR Malmesbury
You will be a member of the team responsible for ensuring our IoT landscape maintains the security our customers expect throughout both the development and product lifecycles. At Dyson, we achieve this by embedding our security experts into our design projects at all stages. The role will involve working with other subject matter experts in the wider project team, through specifying requirements for a project, being part of a design or research project or leading the implementation of a security improvement.
The role has the following responsibilities:
- Leading research projects with a security focus
- Assisting with research projects that require security input
- Defining cybersecurity best practices, processes, and workflows.
- Work to design and specify security controls for software.
- Be part of Dyson IoT Architecture specification and review team, championing security method for future product and software development.
- Ensure we are aligning with industry recognised Standards and emerging IoT Standards and reference designs.
Key Competencies: This role requires both in-depth technical understanding of the underlying technologies we utilise, and a keenness to work as part of a larger, highly motivated team to deliver world-class solutions.
We would expect the following key competencies:
- Strong background in both leading and contributing to a design process.
- Develop proof of concepts
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors, IT and business personnel.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- Able to travel to world-wide sites across the enterprise.
We would expect a grounded understanding of the following:
- Web & Mobile security
- Infrastructure Security
- Low level security (C / C++)
- Node JS
Qualifications: A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information security or other related field; or equivalent work experience.