Retail Development Designer
£Competitive + 27 days holiday + pension + bonus + onsite gym
As Retail Concept Development Designer you will be responsible for taking retail briefs from ideation to realization.Working across a breadth of projects from direct store furniture, NPD projects, retail systems and bespoke market requirements. You will work closely with the Concept Design team to aid with concept exploration, offering technical guidance, ensuring design validation and adhering to a coherent design vision. You will be required to evolve initial design concepts into tangible retail furniture for production.
Dyson is growing, with more products and exciting new categories. We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies that defy convention.
We are a creative leading technology company with global iconic identity, committed to building a consistent global in-store presence. The experience and interactions of guests needs to illustrate our latest technological advances that set Dyson products apart from the competition. Communicating with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way.
The ‘in house’ Global Retail Team consists of a highly skilled multi-disciplined core group of Concept and Development Designers, Production Managers, Marketing and Retail Operations experts. As a team we drive global retail strategies across 72 markets, within Dyson owned stores and third party concessions, to create and shape Dyson’s retail landscape.
Presenting engineering guidance and management of third party development suppliers or carrying detailed design development on commercially sensitive projects. Ensuring technical documentation adheres to the Dyson design process and drive value engineering and efficiency where ever possible throughout the process.
You will undertake comprehensive prototype reviews with our global manufacturing vendors. You will manage design progression through internal reviews across multi-functional internal teams and senior stakeholders for approval and handover into production.
- 2:1 or higher Design degree in Product/Furniture/ Industrial Design.
- 6 years+ Retail or Furniture Design experience.
- Proven record of working closely with manufacturers and third party suppliers
- Good experience of undertaking prototyping reviews and testing
- Broad depth of material knowledge and production processes: steel fabrication, aluminium extrusions, injection mouldings and sheet plastic fabrication, timber and laminate joinery, upholstery, led lighting
- Experienced user of 3D CAD (Solidworks is essential).
- Experienced user of 3D visualisation software (Photoworks, Photoview 360, 3DS max etc).
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign