Retail Marketing Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
As a constantly growing engineering and technology company, Dyson is faced with maintaining brand perception while hitting strong sales goals. In the US, this requires delivering compelling customer experiences throughout every touchpoint, including in-store and online.
In order to accomplish this, Dyson is looking for a Retail Marketing Manager to own retail marketing and merchandising strategy across select key accounts.
This position will work collaboratively across marketing, sales and finance to develop, execute and measure retailer merchandising and marketing plans. Internally, this person will be the retail expert on their accounts, responsible for understanding customer insights, retailer dynamics and operations. Externally, this person will be a steward of the Dyson brand, responsible for understanding, communicating and defending Dyson retail strategies and category priorities.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. From the world’s first bagless vacuum cleaner, to hand dryers that use 420mph sheets of air to remove moisture from hands, to a completely re-thought hair dryer with its motor in the handle, we are relentless about engineering better solutions. Dyson spends $8.8million a week on research and development and works with more than 40 universities worldwide to develop early-stage technologies.
Dyson launched in the US in 2002, with the DC07 vacuum cleaner. Within 2 years, it was market share leader. Now, the US team is nearly 1,000 strong, with offices in Chicago, IL; Aurora, IL; San Francisco, CA; and Dyson people around the entire country. And we are still growing. Dyson US is poised to double its footprint, and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team is fired up!
As a constantly growing engineering and technology company, Dyson requires activations across new channels; better differentiation and control of our current channels; and, most importantly, ownership delivering best-in-class Dyson experiences pre, during and post purchase.
Co-author, agree and deliver the merchandising and marketing strategy for key accounts
- Develop retail strategy based on category analysis, retailer insights and sales objectives
- Partner with the Sales, Retail.com and Marketing Category teams to determine retailer marketing plans that are in line with the overall Joint Business Plan
- Create clear and compelling presentations to communicate strategies and plans to internal stakeholders and retailers
Drive business with key accounts through tailored in-store activities
- Apply understanding of retailer’s unique environments to the creation and execution of in-store merchandising solutions and POP
- Initiate new projects with US graphics team by authoring detailed tactical briefs
- Ensure we are delivering “Flawless Execution” via creative, communications, project management and in store delivery for a consistent, flawless finish
- Lead retailer merchandising discussions to ensure that accountability for in-store activities is clear and that all projects are delivered within budget and on time
Support digital marketing activities for key accounts
- Work alongside Retail.com team members to create and execute digital marketing plans that align and support the overall retailer marketing strategy
- Ensure consistency between the online and in-store customer experience via creative and communication
Drive quantification and manage retail marketing budget
- Adopt a test/learn/refine approach to trialling new activities to further the business and roll out the most effective activities as best practice
- Work closely with finance to conduct financial appraisals of marketing activities across all retailers
- Manage in-store budget across key accounts to determine most effective spend based on financial appraisals
Fulfill other duties as required
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 5 years of marketing experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required – not necessarily business related but must display good commercial acumen / relevant experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Detailed organizational capability
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation, to analyze results and provide strong rationale for recommendations
- Experience working with in-store and online marketing materials including merchandising, POP, and .com
- Ability to manage budget
- Experience with MS Office – especially Excel / PPT
- Can demonstrate a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
- Quick thinker to solve problems, draw financial conclusions and make fast, accurate decisions
- Ability to deliver projects in full, on time, on budget and to the highest quality
- Travel to key accounts required (1-2x month)