Retail Projects - Executive to Senior Executive
Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
Dyson has made a major strategic expansion into Asia.
To drive this growth, Dyson Korea is expanding it’s Retail team and hiring for Retail Project Executive or Senior Executive to support on planning & implementing retail and event projects for all Dyson products in Korea market, while owning all VM planning and activities.
The role will be based in Dyson Korea office and report to the Assistant Retail Project Manager.
Dyson Korea as well as global is growing rapidly by superior and innovative technologies delivered to market and challenging the status quo. We don’t rest, we work for continuous and high growth, and therefore, we have many new technologies to deliver to market.
Korea is one of the most important and fastest markets for Dyson worldwide. Dyson operates with a distributor partner in the market and in order to support the continued growth, is creating its own subsidiary locally.
The main function of the Retail team is to drive in-store conversion through understanding the shopper journey and creating world-class in-store environments within retail customers/ trade channels
- Work with Senior Retail Development Manager on constant improvement projects for market with group retail, reports to Assistant Retail Project Manager for all day-to-day retail project progress
- Work with Group Retail/Events team, Local Assistant Retail Project Manager, Retail Experience Lead and Sales team to implement retail solutions with considerations to Dyson Retail Guidelines, Distributors/Retailers challenges and approvals
- Manage, prioritise and deliver all retail projects on a timely basis, including prototyping, production, costing and implementation, whether it is temporary, permanent, concept stores, shop-in-shop, events or exhibitions.
- Maintain project plans, timelines, and cost sheets for each project, ensuring that stakeholders are aware of any changes. Drive individual projects through to delivery, resolving day-to-day challenges – involving the right people at the right time.
- Support in demand planning, storage, deployment and installations for core in-store display system, plus all other projects as necessary. Maintain an up-to-date inventory list of all fixtures by market.
- Support retail projects through all relevant areas of the business in regard to design, costing, production quality/details, and timing
- Develop and manage retail archive (Store Network Chart, Drawings, Photobooks)
- Costing follow-up (PO#, Payment Request) and Procurement for all retail projects
- VM tracking and perfection for all top stores in various channels
- Develop and manage clear monthly VM Calendar
- Own all Graphic Trans-creation & communication with creative team
- Support and collaborate with retail team in NPD planning and new design guideline update with VM database
- Lead market VM and Demo direction based on Group’s guidelines
- Lead all Graphic Trans-creation with key stakeholders/teams including Hogarth and CoE for NPD retail graphics, 2D to 3D assets setup
- Work closely with Local Sales team and Distributors in maintaining high in-store quality across all existing stores. Touchup, replenish and replace parts and fixtures when necessary.
- Monitor contractors in regards to material sourcing, fixtures deployment and installation.
- Quality checks and the resolution of any QC issues or installation snagging issues that may arise. Train contractors in meeting Dyson quality standards.
- Maintain a core base of suppliers that offer key deliverables – quality, flexibility, reliability and cost.
- Work with the Legal and Procurement teams on costing, terms, supplier contracts and resolve any disputes that might arise
- Global Retail/Events Central Team in the UK
- Retail Team, Korea
- Business Development/ Marketing/ Sales team, Korea
- Finance team, Korea
- CoE team, HK
- Fixture Production Vendors
- Installation Vendors
- Higher diploma or above in architecture/interior design or related field required
- 3 - 5 years track record of delivering POP, merchandising and retail environments experience (minimum 2 years’ experience for Retail Executive)
- Project management skills backboned with time and cost management as well as people liaison skills
- Management skill with multiple retail projects
- Past experience in multinational brand or related field with store rollout projects
- Working within a corporate structure involving both internal and supplier relationships
- Dealing with international logistics requirements including tax, import and duty implications
- Purchasing and negotiation skills
The Right Technical experience:
- Past experience throughout entire project lifespan
- Construction drawing and specification readability in both English and Korean
- Clear understanding of the use of materials and processes required for retail environment
- Understanding of print processes – litho, screen, digital
- Knowledge in project budgets and control
- Knowledge in environmental and recycling regulations is plus
- Past experience or good understanding in procurement is plus
- Strong communication skills with clear multi-lingual (Korean/English) and cross-cultural communication skills; present information (both written and oral), simple and clear business emails at all levels within an organization
- Punctual and accurate when working under pressure
- Curious and passionate about consumers and building brands
- Meticulous attention to detail; material produced is meticulously executed
- Broad thinker and open-minded with strong analytical skills; ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- Tireless Problem Solver to face day-to-day problems with tireless manner and continuously thinking out site the box to present smart solutions
- Passionate about Dyson, learning new technology and engineering
- Entrepreneurial spirit to deal with ambiguity and willingness to take risks as needed while having a strong sense of ownership to assigned project
- Team-player; bringing collaborative, positive and energetic atmosphere to retail and other teams
- Driven by the desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Ability to use basic project management tools (Auto CAD/MS Projects/Excel)
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to speak and write English/Korea at business proficiency, other language is plus