Retail eCommerce Sr. Manager
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Drive Dyson eCommerce sales through online retail channels (excluding Dyson.com), via powerful digital product merchandising, online promotions and integrated marketing initiatives.
Responsible for building and executing a differentiated retail.com strategy based upon customer insights, retailer strengths and product categories
- Partner with brand, in-store marketing and sales teams to build out the retail.com strategy for Dyson. This includes blueprints for go-to-market by retailer and by product category as well as investment strategies that set up Dyson for success.
- Lead development of media investment strategies and budget management across retail.com
- Actively engage with retailers account, site merchandising, marketing and advertising teams to develop robust test and learn plans, innovative strategies that continually push Dyson to be best in class in the industry
Drive Dyson online merchandising programs and strategies across major retail eCommerce sites to drive conversion
- Work with retailers to identify & implement opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell consumers within the online Dyson product selection process
- Make strategic recommendations on & drive forward the development of the retailer toolkit, if appropriate, as a tool for Account Managers and retailer clients
- Develop and present monthly reporting on retailer site performance for traffic stats & sales. Work with retailer partners to analyze their site performance, user experience/ customer journeys etc. & make recommendations to improve traffic, conversion and average transaction value.
- Leverage e-Syndication tools where appropriate/possible to manage content on retail partner Web sites and optimize based on performance
- Work with online retail merchants to ensure the up-to-date and most accurate completion of Dyson product information on all Dyson authorized retailer Web sites
- Own the creation/building of all Dyson products across retailer Web sites
- Work with the copy writing team to produce retailer specific manufacturer description copy and rich site content e.g. buyer’s guides etc to drive traffic & increase conversion
Partner with National Account Managers to deliver a joint online sales and marketing plan
- Partner with National Account Managers and assigned retailers to develop profitable online programs including eCommerce range planning, promotions, and merchandising solutions that benefit both the retailer and Dyson, while continuously elevating the Dyson brand.
- Develop retailer specific short and long term growth strategy
- Ensure that Dyson online best practices are shared with retailers where appropriate
Manage retail partner online marketing tactics and marketing campaign delivery to drive customer acquisition
- Support retailers with online campaign ideas & tactics when new Dyson products are launched
- Work with retailer to develop user-generated content to drive traffic and conversion (eg – customer product reviews, retailer online communities, etc.)
- Work to have a presence in the retail partner’s eCRM program with the goal of driving Dyson customer loyalty, incremental sales and repeat purchase
Lead and develop a high performing team
- Inspire, lead and motivate team through regular feedback, 1:1s, Personal Development Plans, objectives and career conversations
- Manage team to undertake regular retailer site audits to check for product availability, pricing, promotion, product information, images and brand messaging
- Make KPI setting and measurement central to all areas of the team
- Manage processes and priorities, to ensure that the team is as effective as possible to meet business goals
Fulfill other duties as required:
- Write briefs for the central Web delivery team to develop content and capabilities for retailer Web sites and the retailer tool-kit
- Ensure that all Dyson communications on approved retailer web sites is compliant from an IP, legal & product team perspective
- Digital marketing project management
- Perform QA on all product and offer launches online
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Identify problems and find solutions
- 8-10 years of online marketing experience with a major eCommerce Web site. Experience working with major online retailers required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have experience working with a transactional Web site.
- Digital project management with a proven track record.
- Digital creative development and account management in a cross-functional environment.
- Online search marketing certification a plus.
- Experience working with consumer email marketing programs desired.
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and influencing skills.
- Ability to drive projects from concept through implementation and to analyze post-campaign results.
- Must have excellent project management skills to coordinate both internal and external resource in a cross-functional organization.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Project brief writing skills.
- Advanced knowledge/ proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Experience working with a major Web analytics and reporting tool.
- Executive presentation skills.
- An innovative thinker with Web Marketing expertise and a proven track record.
- A visionary who is always looking to learn the most cutting-edge methodologies in Web Marketing and in E-Commerce.
- Vigilant editing skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting.
- Proactive – always looking for ways to improve.
- Ability to travel as needed (<30%)
- Personable, ability to work well with a variety of different personality types and skill sets.