Salary will be based on experience and credentials.
Dyson (www.dysoncanada.ca) is about solving problems others seem to ignore and finding new ways to make everyday things work better. In 1978, James Dyson became frustrated with his vacuum cleaner’s diminishing performance. Five years and 5,127 prototypes later, he invented the world’s first bagless cyclonic vacuum cleaner. Today, we are 5,000 people strong across the world and are still focused on invention and improvement. We’ve designed bladeless fans and heaters, the most powerful cordless stick vacuum powered by our Dyson digital motor and fast hygienic hand dryers that work in 12 seconds. Most recently, we’ve introduced purifiers, humidifiers, lighting and robots to our portfolio and our engineers continue to work on a pipeline of technology that stretches 25 years.
Dyson has a reputation for developing products that are both different and better. But coming up with revolutionary products is just the beginning – a big part of our success is ensuring the right product is in the right place. This is where our Logistics & Supply Chain team comes in.
What you'll be doing:
- Break down/separate/palletize inbound return units
- Supporting the driver signing in/out process
- Maintaining organization and FIFO in the return lanes
- Loading/unloading trailers from our 3rd party provider
- Preparing pallets for shipment to offsite location
- Preparing and labeling completed pallets for storage
- Reshipping Returned orders
- Prepare and upload files to SAP , reconcile to ensure accuracy
- Cycle counting
- Process consumer and retail return/exchange orders in SAP
- Respond to email/phone requests for Return authorizations
- Explore areas for new and improved processes; promote and demonstrate innovation and creativity to work process and problem solving.
This role will be expected to work a shift – 8:30-4:30 and 8:00-4:30 every other week (with an early finish on the Friday of those weeks).
You will be located in Brampton (with a move to a Mississauga location in mid-2018).
What we’re looking for
A dynamic, enthusiastic and collaborative professional who –
· 1-2 years Receiving /Warehouse experience
· Experience licensed machine operator preferred but not required (reach truck, walkie) *nice to have*)
· 1 – 2 years of customer service and order entry experience
· Proficiency in MS Office software required
· SAP experience a strong asset
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent organizational and attention to detail.
· Willingness to learn and join in an active, high energy and high performing team
· Ability to handle daily data entries accurately and