Robotics Data Technician (New Product Innovation)
As part of the New Product Innovation Robotics team at Dyson, you will be responsible for data capture and analysis as well as some laboratory and workshop based activities. This role would suit someone junior in their career, who is keen to work in the world of design and robotics.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance. Dyson is the place to show what you can do, and love doing it.
- Recording and analysis of test results to present to senior colleagues.
- Assisting the delivery of test rigs and prototypes
- Enabling the delivery of test methodology
- Risk assessment generation
- Ensuring that good working practices are followed in the laboratory/workshop environment
- Automation scripting
- Proven practical problem solving ability
- Hands on workshop skills
- Rig build and troubleshooting experience
- Awareness of workshop best practice, health and safety
- Machine vision principles would be beneficial
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines