Robotics Control Engineer
We are building robots to be fluid, dynamic and agile. Our hardware is second to none, and will enable this performance - with the right controls coordination. Dyson are looking for a Robotic Control Engineer to join our growing team in Malmesbury.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance. Dyson is the place to show what you can do, and love doing it.
- Work closely to collaborate with the mechanical design team to ensure that the hardware is made with control in mind.
- Balance your analytic ability and practical implementation on hardware systems
- If you like thinking about how things move and developing algorithms to make machines realize your vision, you'll do well here
- Your work can range from concept through the build, test, debug, and delivery.
- Use initiative, creativity and quick learning to problem solve
- Extensive experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Master's or PhD degree in Robotics Engineering, Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, electrical engineering, aeronautical engineering or computer science plus commercial experience
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing real-time controls on highly dynamic machines
- Strong intuition for physical movement in machines, and insight into the physics of motion
- Experience with C/C++, ROS Deep understanding of under-actuated robot controls development and multi-body kinematics/dynamics
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines