Advanced Robotics Engineer - New Product Innovation
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. You will be creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Our Robotics Design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved. This is done by the New Product Innovation team, who pass on the best ideas to New Product Development. Sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining follow. It can take months, even years. But those ideas that make it are big. The ones that transform markets.
- Initiate new product concepts and ideas and identify market opportunities from a blank sheet of paper.
- Contribute to the vision specification and business case for new product concepts, including development budget and running costs.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas - host brainstorms, gather research, select and present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Champion great design to produce products that meet all performance and functional criteria.
- Work seamlessly with research teams to utilise the wealth of technical skills in research teams to get best value from Dyson technologies.
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve design quality.
- Design reviews with James Dyson and/or Executive, as required.
- A degree in a relevant engineering or science discipline or equivalent
- Technical and personal credibility to work effectively in cross-functional design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Experience of delivering robust design solutions on time, to specification and within cost and budget constraints
- Happy providing a creative and considered approach to problem solving, following clear design processes
- Practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing
- Experience of Python, MATLAB or C/C++ would be beneficial
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines