£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Dyson's robotics team is growing - fast. We are looking for a Robotics Engineer to join our ambitious team in Malmesbury.
Advanced robotics will change the world of engineering for good. At Dyson, we’ve been developing robot technology for over 15 years – 200 engineers, 420 patents and £28m has already gone into our first robot vacuum. But our Dyson 360 Eye™ robot is just the start. The team is advancing the systems that make our robots more intelligent – able to understand environments and navigate with complex sensors and algorithms. There’s more to discover. The future is robotic. All Dyson products will be part of the internet of things. And our Robotics team is helping us to unveil this next generation.
Join a growing team working to put useful robotic systems into the homes of the general public. We are looking for people to help us investigate robust solutions to diverse real-world problems in machine perception, actuation, or intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a supportive environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
This is an opportunity to drive Dyson's ambitious robotics reseach programme forward by developing next generation sensor and software solutions to solve problems in machine perception, actuation, or intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a multi disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
What you need to do
- Creation of novel solutions to real world problems in robotics
- Design, build and analyse potential robotics software solutions
- Systems integration, testing, and analysis of prototype mechanical, electronics, sensors, and software systems
- Be a technical expert in robotics who is able to work with a multidisciplinary team, leading the development of novel solutions
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or other technical or scientific field
- Experience designing and building systems relevant to robotics.
- Software experience (Python, Matlab, C/C++, or similar)
- Rapidly prototype software in a language appropriate to the problem.
- Generate novel algorithms for robotics.
- Electronics prototyping experience.
- CAD experience
- Knowledge of existing robotics software frameworks (e.g. ROS).
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience using open-source libraries
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.