Robotics Research Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Pension, Bonus
Dyson's robotics team is growing - fast. We are looking for a Robotics Engineer to join our ambitious Research team in Malmesbury. You will have a direct impact on Dyson's robotics products, focusing on early stage research.
This is an opportunity to drive Dyson's ambitious robotics reseach programme forward by developing next generation sensor and software solutions to solve problems in machine perception, actuation, or intelligence. The role involves the research and development of systems for Dyson’s future autonomous and intelligent products. Successful candidates will be working in a multi disciplinary environment within a team of experts that is constantly aiming to improve itself and the world of robotics.
What you need to do
- Creation of novel solutions to real world problems in robotics
- Design, build and analyse potential robotics software solutions
- Systems integration, testing, and analysis of prototype mechanical, electronics, sensors, and software systems
- Be a technical expert in robotics who is able to work with a multidisciplinary team, leading the development of novel solutions
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or other technical or scientific field
- Experience designing and building systems relevant to robotics.
- Software experience (Python, Matlab, C/C++, or similar)
- Rapidly prototype software in a language appropriate to the problem.
- Generate novel algorithms for robotics.
- Electronics prototyping experience.
- CAD experience
- Knowledge of existing robotics software frameworks (e.g. ROS).
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment
- Experience using open-source libraries