Robotics Firmware Engineer
As part of Dyson's Robotics Research team, you will sit side by side with robotics engineers during systems integration work (C++/Python coding), developing software system architecture design as well as mentoring other team members in good software engineering practice.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Amazing robots can only come from the most talented people working together, sharing the right tools and resources, at the right time, having fun, and aiming high. This is our goal: build a great Robotic Team with a focused vision of robots in the real world solving concrete problems for people, comprised of the world’s best roboticists, with a culture of ambition and excellence paired with a healthy work-life balance. Dyson is the place to show what you can do, and love doing it.
- Design and implement firmware and Software for new robotic systems according to decided architectures
- Design and implement new features for ROS-based robot drivers.
- Design and implement motion and power control solutions for new products.
- Implement test and bring up strategies for new products.
- Maintain existing driver and firmware architecture.
- Debug issues with complex robotic systems.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field or BS with demonstrable and applicable industry experience.
- Practical software engineering experience with C++ in a Linux or Unix environment.
- Broad knowledge of robotic domains such as, but not limited to, navigation, perception, and calibration.
- Experience with software development on/with robotic and/or automation platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise implementing robotic applications and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of a scripting language such as Python.
- Love of robots is a must as you will be surrounded by them.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines