Robotics Test Engineer with Labview
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
• Understand how robotic systems function and what determines good or bad performance.
• Carry out testing on multiple robotics technologies (hardware, software, sensors etc)
• Work with the robotics project team to capture test requirements. Create ambitious automated test solutions using Labview.
• Specify test equipment and tools and lab infrastructure required for robotics testing
• Work with test engineers and project leads to help manage the flow and presentation of meaningful test results.
• Provide technical advice and leadership to engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice.
• Contribute to the definition and refinement of test engineering processes.
• An undergraduate degree or equivalent in Robotics, Electromechanical, Electronics, Electrical or Systems Engineering.
• Experience developing test automation using Labview
• Experience working with complex electronic systems.
• Experience testing a range of different electronic sensor and actuator devices.
• Experience creating test methods and specifying test equipment.
• Good organizational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others.
• Proven, structured approach to systems verification, test procedures and equipment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Certified Labview Developer
• Experience with Labview RT, Labview for FPGA or NI Veristand.
• Experience owning and managing test campaigns for complex systems
• Experience with database tools for test result management
• Experience of Requirements Management, System Design & Specification, Integration, Test Planning etc.