Head of Global Planning (Supply Chain)
As part of the Senior Leadership team within the Global Logistics and Planning Organization based out of Singapore, the Head of Planning is responsible for enabling the business process with adequate business intelligence for forecast accuracy, shipments, and production, inventory and service levels across all operations organization.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Global Logistics and IBP team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex logistics operation. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
What you will do...
- Drive the Integrated Business Planning across all global sales and supply planning teams.
- Managing end to end planning across categories and manufacturing to align with market.
- Drive the supply planning strategy for the organization and develop the mechanisms needed to create staffing and inventory build plans to handle forecast demand plan.
- Communicating to Categories and CM (Contract Manufacturers) capacity and allocations to market planning and S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) teams.
- Leading and driving the planning strategy for the supply side of the organization.
- Driving the quality of demand plan in terms of accuracy, timeliness, coordination and communication, accomplished through facilitation and alignment with the Global S&OP process.
- Managing the day to day escalation and resolution of market requests to the manufacturing teams.
- Measuring and highlighting Improvements in Supply Delivery Performance to Ask/Promise as a key KPI.
- Measuring order processing and fulfilment.
- Form part of leadership team that determines the budgets for Demand & Supply planning YoY.
- Review and monitor the alignment of the Demand Plan and Financial Estimate to understand reconciliation between them as part of the large Inventory and Operations Planning process.
What is required for this role...
- At least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering/Supply Chain Management.
- At least 15 years experience in logistics planning with the last 5 years in a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to constraints and respond constructively to new demands and challenges.
- Awareness of global markets and complex supply chain processes.
- Strong understanding of Integrated Business Planning (IBP), S&OP, Demand Planning, Supply Planning etc.
- Working knowledge of related IT Systems/Solutions.
- Ability to identify operational improvements and influencing others to deliver change.
- Ability to communicate and engage Senior Leadership across the organization.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll have comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a directorship at Dyson. New opportunities abound in a dynamic, creative environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition..