SENIOR HR BUSINESS PARTNER – RDD SEA
The HR Business Partner RDD SEA will lead the RDD segment regionally across the region, currently encompassing Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, China and growing! With a headcount of 1000+ within the remit, the role also partners globally with our Global Engineering Director who is based in Singapore but has a remit which includes the UK. The role therefore provides strategic direction across the whole remit of 1500+ people within the global engineering function as well as its responsibilities in SEA.
The role reports into the Regional Head of HR, SEA. HR Business Partnering at Dyson is the right hand of their business area representing the people agenda in all strategic decision making. Your role is to develop, champion and drive a people strategy and agenda which will enable successful delivery of the business strategy in RDD Global Engineering and SEA. You will be a trusted partner, working with business leaders to ensure that people policies and practices help us to attract, develop and retain great people, passionate about Dyson
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Build a strong and trusted relationship with your heads of business unit in RDD.
- Ensure the people dimension is fully integrated into the business strategies and plans. Highlight to the leadership the people implications of their business objectives and ensure strategies are in place to tackle key people risks and challenges over the short and longer term.
- Work closely with your business Director to spot opportunities for organisational change or transformation which will improve business performance. Take joint responsibility with the business head to plan and deliver the change. Drive delivery of an effective organisation that is fit for purpose.
- Coach, challenge and influence senior leadership to develop the organisational capability required to enable delivery of business strategy; anticipate the changing needs of the business and drive the active management and development of talent.
- Lead the talent agenda for your business, understanding the key talent, their strengths and development needs and actively participate in talent management discussions with the business teams working in partnership with the talent teams. Facilitate the flow of talent through the business.
- Champion and manage core processes including performance, annual salary reviews and personal development planning and ensure that leaders have the skills and capability to maximise the value of the process.
- Have a deep understanding of business resourcing plans. Work closely with the local recruitment team, hiring managers and leaders to ensure Dyson recruits the best and hits it’s headcount targets.
- Take an active role in the budget planning to develop rationale for future years headcount, taking into consideration Organisational Design and future business plans.
- Understand and provide insight into local reward and benefits requirements, working with the SEA Reward Manager to ensure that the reward philosophy is clear and appropriate in ensuring our ability to recruit and retain.
- Ensure management information is up to date and accessible as appropriate including Talent Management information and Succession plans. Contribute to relevant HR KPIs and reports for your business areas.
- Provide advice, consultancy and counsel on HR policy and practice. Apply relevant and pragmatic judgement to deliver sensible business outcomes leveraging local and group legal advice where necessary. Support the development of junior business partners and team members in their growth.
- Be an active contributor to wider HR strategy for SEA and for global RDD & Operations, understanding the objectives of other HR teams, collaborating with country HR Leaders to ensure consistency with regional requirements and in brokering support for operational issues locally. Share knowledge and best practice. Ensure that everything you do is in line with the overall Dyson HR philosophy. Sit as a member of the SEA HR Leadership team.
- Act as a creative problem solver. Challenge practices if you believe there are better ways of doing things and inspire others to do the same, fixing things that need fixing, identifying solutions.
- Extensive generalist HR experience
- Degree caliber
- Experience of working as a strategic business partner
- Has worked within matrix organisations and structures and within a global organisation.
- Experience of working with or within entrepreneurial, engineering or technology organisations would be desirable
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness
- Project management skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills and a passion for developing people
- Strong business acumen
- Strong OD skills
- An understanding of change management both operationally and strategically