SKU Category Manager
This position will be part of the SKU Team, sub team of Product Category. The role is the main concierge for Product Category Heads. Will have a team of senior engineers & engineers reporting directly
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Developing groundbreaking technology takes more than engineering brilliance. It requires seamless integration of Dyson people, data, processes and business systems across multiple countries and functions. As Dyson grows into a multi-category global technology company, our PLM team becomes the key to success. Coordinating development teams, providing strategic advice, and adopting the latest applications for leaner processes, instant data access and faster decision making. They’ll ensure Dyson brings better machines to market, quicker.
**Please apply with complete updated latest CV
- Product Management
- Work closely with Category team and Commercial team to define SKU Portfolio/range, then manage the SKUs in SKU databases/systems
- Work closely with the Product Category Heads and accountable on the SKU range of the product category (range confirmation from creation to obsolescence, SKU SOP delivery and SKU data management
- Live SKUs, new SKUs , end of production, graded SKUs , in market kitted SKUs, spares and accessories, end of life
- Approver of BOM/SKU drawing/CR/ISIR product categories
- Project Management
- Time plan and readiness reporting (scope, schedule, risk, communication and stakeholder risk management)
- Manage cross team communication and cascade back to internal teams
- People Management - manage a team of product engineers to deliver the above responsibilities, e.g. resource planning, performance management
- Min Degree in Business Management/Finance/any Engineering field
- Have leadership skills with influential power, with at least 5 years experience working closely with Product Director and Marketing Director
- Active in suggesting potential ways to improve efficiency -Proven records in driving solutions towards upper management team
- Compulsory -Min 5 years of hands on experience with depth knowledge dealing and approving product/BOM, SKU
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, management bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realizing ambition.