Dyson are recruiting massively within the Data function and keen to hear from any developers with Microsoft BI/ SQL experience who are interested in a new challenge.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
This role sits within Dyson's Global Data and Analytics team. This team is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. As a part of IT, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth. Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Dyson's new global data strategy. As more consumers engage with Dyson, via more types of products, and across more markets, the volumes of data will greatly increase. Understanding how to use this data to improve everything from customer experiences to product development will be key to Dyson's success.
- Work with cross functional teams to gather and understand business requirements
- Specify, Design, Develop, Test and Deploy solutions utilising the full SQL Server stack
- Maintain & enhance existing data warehouse functionality and capabilities
- Work with a team of DBAs to help define hardware requirements and sizing
- Provide BI expertise to other teams within IT as well as Data Analysts and End Users throughout the business
- Provide support, training and advice to end-users of existing BI systems
- Investigate and resolve issues in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Monitor and manage background processes to ensure continuity of service
- Undergraduate degree in a computing, science, math or engineering discipline
- Solid experience on SQL Server BI projects.
- Significant proven expertise in developing T-SQL on SQL Server 2008 R2 or above
- Experience of both normalised relational and dimensional data modelling methodologies
- Significant proven experience with SSIS including development of full DW ETL Solutions
- Experience with Reporting Services (SSRS) and data visualisation
- Experience with Analysis Services (SSAS) and OLAP cubes
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines