Sales Compensation Analyst
Work across multiple functions including Sales, Human Resources and Finance to calculate and manage incentive award payments to sales employees based on incentive plan provisions.
• Perform activities needed for the development, implementation, communication and administration of sales incentive programs, plans, policies and quotas.
• Analyze sales performance results and track individual and segment performance to these results.
• Complete incentive calculations, and ensure accuracy and timeliness of incentive payments.
• Resolve reconciliation issues.
• Perform cost analysis or modeling of alternative incentive plan design or target levels.
• Review incentive payment reports for accuracy.
• Contribute to the development of systems and calculators to effectively track or capture data.
• Manage SPIFF programs and aid in their design.
• Maintain sales compensation plan design documents and plan information by individual.
• Contribute to annual design discussions and initiatives.
• Design and produce routine and ad hoc sales reports.
Experience and Education
· 5 or more years of related experience or experience in a sales compensation /commissions role.
· Experience with detailed data analysis
· Bachelor Degree with advanced degree preferred
· Prior experience in a consulting firm a plus
· Strong critical thinking and technical skills
· Good attention to detail, time management and follow-through
· Good communication and presentation skills
· Strong Business acumen
· Strong people skills - conflict resolution and ability to relationship build required
· Proven ability to multi-task
· Experience with MS Office – including Excel / PPT and word skills; Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel
· Analytic Capabilities
· Ingenious - An innovative yet objective thinker
· Explorer - Demonstrates a ‘can do’ / entrepreneurial attitude
· Shrewd - Ability to deliver projects in full, on time and to the highest quality
· Fighter – driven to get the best result. Challenges themselves and others.
· Attuned – ability to communicate with all levels of the organization with positive intent