Sales HR Director/HR Business Partner
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
As the Dyson US Sales HRBP, the successful candidate will need to lead with cutting-edge innovation and quality, while demonstrating leadership agility and urgency across our US footprint. Knowledge of retail, the technology industry, sales tools & processes are important for success.
Dyson sells products in 71 countries, and it employs almost 6,000 people globally, one third of whom are engineers and scientists. The face of Dyson is changing rapidly. Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new products over the next 3 years.
Dyson is a technology business that values people above all else. This puts HR at the heart of the business – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Acquisition, Operations and Rewards. The HR Generalist function is the linchpin of all of these departments. We oversee every people-related decision, with unique knowledge of the bigger business and commercial objectives. Which makes us a vital voice for Dyson.
The successful candidate will work effectively in a high growth environment, engaging and aligning business & HR stakeholders, to identify gaps and opportunities, and together develop the go-forward winning organizational and talent strategy. The leader will also manage and work closely with HR field team members that support the Sales organizations across the US capturing front line perspective and feedback, and together implementing go-forward solutions.
- Primary clients include US Sales SVP and Sales Directors
- Core functional and HR operational program management role provides country coordination across all field sales Zone HRMs to ensure consistent alignment and execution of activities for US HR.
- For client groups, define the overarching HR strategic framework, plan and drive highly effective implementation and execution that enable the identification, selection, on boarding, development, reward, retention, and full engagement of a best-in-class, high performance workforce
- Partner with Regional HRBP peers, COE’s, and HRMs, along with HR Operations to influence the implementation of the appropriate coverage model, building capabilities into the workforce of the future
- Provide on-going direct implementation of world-wide HR programs aligned to global commercial excellence, partnering with and leveraging HRBP’s
- Partners with Region and HR COE’s to identify and implement best-in-class programs, tools and solutions focused on talent development and performance excellence
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model
- Manages HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the HRMs or HR Specialists or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Leads with data and analytics, diagnosing root cause opportunities, making calculated and timely decisions, and taking full action to establish ROI, metrics, and manage programs that will support sales excellence and increased productivity in a prescriptive way
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, psychology, related discipline required. Graduate degree preferred.
- At least 12 years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Experience supporting globally distributed teams and multiple functions
- Experience building teams and managing leadership matrixes
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the administration of HR policies
- Experience managing field-based employees strongly preferred
- Experience supporting sales teams
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders