In-House Security Officer
Competitive Salary + Shift Allowance, Bonus, Pension, Onsite Sports Facility
The Security Officer role sits in the Security Operations Team (which is a wholly in-house function at Dyson) and reports through to the Site Security Manager. The Site Security Manager and Team are geographically positioned at the Hullavington Campus near to Malmesbury Security Centre of Excellence and report through to the Regional Head of Security, UK. They are all part of Dyson Group Security.
The role will be accountable for acting lawfully in direct protection of life and company property by maintaining a secure and safe environment across the estate and wider remit.
Dyson is rapidly expanding; in its new and core categories, and across all of its global markets. The next four years are going to be Dyson’s biggest and busiest yet. By 2020, we'll be hitting £4 billion+ in revenue. We'll have brought in 5,000 more people. And we'll have launched a further four brand new product categories. With this pace of growth, these ambitious plans, and the complexities of global expansion, it is natural that Dyson is now thinking about the best ways to organise itself and manage its exciting new product ranges to best effect. The Hullavington site will play a key part in how we develop and continue our growth.
Dyson Group Security has the responsibility for delivering security best practice across the global footprint. The physical security of the Hullavington Campus is crucial in ensuring the protection of people, property, information and reputation, not only in the UK, but also in support of the global strategic ambition.
- Controlling and monitoring access to building entrances, research and development zones, vehicle and pedestrian gates, barriers, speed-lanes and any other site perimeter or internal ingress or egress points.
- Administrate and run a card access control system, creating profiles, card upgrades, level changes and deviations as required. This includes biometrics and RFiD.
- Operate and monitor CCTV cameras
- Security Control Room (SCR) access control and CCTV coordination activity; in support of enterprise remotes sites, offices and retail stores.
- Conducting internal, external, perimeter, carpark and other adhoc patrols.
- Provide “first response” to incidents in accordance with Dyson incident management procedures. This includes effective telephone and customer / stakeholder interface activities.
- Conduct gatehouse duties; including “meet and greet” activities, vehicle management, monitoring of APNR and other CCTV, statistical collation and reporting, management of deliveries, couriers and contractors.
- Acting as an escort for visitors, employees, VIPs and contractors, often for long durations. This includes supporting Press visits into restricted zones and other filming activities.
- Support investigations, including accurate record keeping, CCTV interrogation and chain of evidence integrity.
- Supporting the Dyson helicopter operation; acting as HLS Marshall and first responder.
- Conducting searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers when directed.
- Act as Chief Fire Marshall at incident control points for fire register consolidation and liaison with local authorities.
- Supporting “front-of-house” services to ensure efficiency of the visitor and VIP experience. Acting as Reception in some higher security buildings, out of hours across the site or as directed.
- Maintain a Daily Occurrence Book.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Security Officer role essential or lesser time in a role where the key accountabilities in this JD can be demonstrated.
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground.
- SIA qualification mandatory or a willingness to be trained once in role.
- HSE qualification desirable.
- Full Driving Licence essential.
- Ability to work with mobile phone applications.
- First Aid and Defibrillation qualification essential or willingness to be trained once in role.
- Basic computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications and database packages.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.