In-House Security Officer (Monday-Friday)
£28,500 + Bonus
The role will be accountable for acting lawfully in direct protection of life and company property by maintaining a secure and safe environment across the estate and wider remit.
The shift pattern for this role is 7am - 6pm Monday-Friday.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
Dyson Group Security has the responsibility for delivering security best practice across the global footprint. The physical security of the Dyson Malmesbury Centre of Excellence is crucial in ensuring the protection of people, property, information and reputation, not only in the UK, but also in support of the global strategic ambition.
The Security Officer role sits in the Security Operations Team and reports through to the Security Operations Manager. The Security Operations Manager and Team are geographically positioned at the Malmesbury Security Centre of Excellence and report through to the Regional Head of Security, UK. They are all part of Dyson Group Security.
- Controlling and monitoring access to building entrances, research and development zones, vehicle and pedestrian gates, barriers, speed-lanes and any other site perimeter or internal ingress or egress points
- Administrate and run a card access control system, creating profiles, card upgrades, level changes and deviations as required. This includes biometrics and RFiD
- Operate and monitor CCTV cameras, reporting inappropriate activity, crime or suspicious behaviour
- Security Control Room (SCR) access control and CCTV coordination activity; in support of enterprise remotes sites, offices and retail stores
- Conducting internal, external, perimeter, carpark and other adhoc patrols as part of a structured patrol programme
- Provide “first response” to incidents in accordance with Dyson incident management procedures. This includes effective telephone and customer / stakeholder interface activities
- Conduct gatehouse duties; including “meet and greet” activities, vehicle management, monitoring of APNR and other CCTV, statistical collation and reporting, management of deliveries, couriers and contractors
- Key management
- Acting as an escort for visitors, employees, VIPs and contractors, often for long durations. This includes supporting Press visits into restricted zones and other filming activities
- Support investigations, including accurate record keeping, CCTV interrogation and chain of evidence integrity
- Acting as a mobile response for offsite locations.
- Supporting the Dyson heli operation; acting as HLS Marshall and first responder
- Conducting searches of employees, bags, vehicles, transit cases and other containers when directed
- Act as Chief Fire Marshall at incident control points for fire register consolidation and liaison with local authorities
- Supporting “front-of-house” services to ensure efficiency of the visitor and VIP experience. Acting as Reception in some higher security buildings, out of hours across the site or as directed
- Husbandry of the SCR. Compliance with domestic / professional separation of the space
- Supporting events, functions, café briefings and other gatherings
- Perform first aid and / or CPR as required
- Maintain a Daily Occurrence Book
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Security Officer role essential or lesser time in a role where the key accountabilities in this JD can be demonstrated
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 12 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground
- SIA qualification mandatory or a willingness to be trained once in role
- HSE qualification desirable
- Full Driving Licence essential
- Ability to work with mobile phone applications
- First Aid and Defibrillation qualification essential or willingness to be trained once in role
- Basic computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications and database packages.
Essential Skills are:
- Ability to capture a screenshot from the internet or CCTV camera
- Ability to produce a basic PowerPoint presentation with JPGs collected from the internet or screenshot from a CCTV camera
- Ability to create a basic excel spread sheet
- Ability to produce a report in a word document
- General user competency in Outlook
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload in a fast changing environment
- Ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of issues
- Ability to work as part of a large team with a Gold Standard ambition
- Ability to embrace strategic change with the flexibility to cover open shifts as required
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.