Competitive Salary + Bonus, Pension
In short, the role will be accountable for ensuring that a Shift team of officers maintains an operationally effective secure and safe environment across the estate and wider remit by acting lawfully in direct protection of life and company property.
- Effective management and delivery of general security team output in accordance with the framework standing operating procedures (SOPs) and Site Security Manager direction.
- Management of the Security Control Room and full understanding of all operational systems and legal requirements.
- Ensuring SOPs are kept up to date, understood and complied with.
- Be the routine day to day point of contact for general security issues.
- Be the lead incident responder (in-line with wider security management) and invoke correct incident management procedures.
- Accountable for the shift roster. In conjunction with the Site Security Manager ensure that sufficient officers are on duty at all times; ensuring cover and authorized overtime payments as appropriate.
- Accountable for the routine passage of information, on-going incidents and operational knowledge transfer across shifts (including out of hours) and onto the Site Security Manager as directed. Accountable for the timely submission of reports.
- Accountable for the collection, collation and provision of team operational statistics and analysis.
- Effective audit and husbandry of the security team locations, vehicles and equipment.
- Supporting the Site Security Manager with investigations.
- Cover the Key Security Officer Accountabilities below as directed.
- Reporting and pre-emptive reporting of security infrastructure technical failures or imminent failures to the Dyson Technical Security Team (DTT).
- Assisting the Facilities Manager in the monitoring of service standards in “front-of-house” areas, rest rooms, common spaces and thoroughfares.
- Assisting the Building Services Manager (BMS) in the reporting of site fabric infrastructure, cleaning, engineering and other issues.
- Assisting the Head of Compliance in the monitoring and reporting of non-compliance with existing HSE polices, safe working practices and fire safety standards and infrastructure.
- Participate in weekly site audits, as directed, in order to ensure an ISO 31000 security risk management minimum standard is maintained.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Security Officer role and a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Appropriate standard of fitness to conduct up to 9 hrs on shift and ability to move unaided across the site; including lifts, staircases and uneven ground.
- SIA qualification mandatory or a willingness to be trained once in role.
- HSE qualification desirable.
- Full Driving Licence essential.
- Ability to work with mobile phone applications.
- First Aid and Defibrillation qualification essential or willingness to be trained once in role.
- Competent computer skills with experience in using Microsoft Office applications and database packages.