Senior Accountant - 1 Year Contract
Competitive salary + bonus
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will play an instrumental role across all major financial processes and continuous improvement projects.
Dyson is a global technology company. Using a desire to make things work better as a catalyst for invention, our team of 3,000 engineers and scientists are passionate about developing technology that solves the problems others often ignore. Our Dyson Professional technology offerings include hand dryers, lighting, air purifiers, and hair dryers.
Dyson is about solving problems that others seem to ignore. And we’re just getting started. You could be part of it!
Specifically, you will –
- Manage the accounts receivable process including deductions and claims disputes, monitoring and analyzing customer credit limits, analyzing and reporting on customer collections, deduction status, payment trends and other KPIs
- Supervise the day to day work of the AR Deductions Analyst
- Support the design and implementation of departmental and cross-functional process improvement projects
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing process including accrual analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis
- Own the cash flow forecasting process and other working capital initiatives
- Coordinate the tax return process and organize working papers
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting to meet business requirements
You will be located in downtown Toronto, just a few blocks from the CN Tower and steps away from some of the world's best venues, restaurants, shops, and the underground path.
What we’re looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, and enthusiastic professional who –
- Is a qualified CPA with 3-5 years of progressive accounting and finance experience, preferably from a Big Four Accounting Firm with consumer product industry experience.
- Has strong analytical skills including advanced MS Excel; preferably has experience using SAP or another ERP system
- Has experience in accounts receivable, including deductions management
- Is an effective communicator and builds strong relationships across the business
- Works well in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and finds process improvements and efficiencies
- Has the courage to explore new ideas and ways of thinking, take calculated risks, and diplomatically challenge the norm
- Manages time exceptionally well, plans and executes multiple projects, and balances priorities