Senior Accounts Receivable Manager
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
The Senior Accounts Receivable Manager role offers a great opportunity to join a seasoned team of credit and accounts receivable analysts in an innovative and growing consumer products company.
The focus on shrinking the order to cash cycle has never been higher. To ensure the business is prepared to meet the challenges of an ever changing consumer products marketplace and support Dyson’s ambitious growth aspirations, the AR team must continue to evolve and improve. You will be accountable for the day to day activities of nine team members managing credit risk, collections, cash application, retailer deductions, credit card chargebacks and other back office duties. It will be critical for you to provide leadership, guidance and support to your team in this fast paced environment. At the same time you will encourage them to maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers.
New go to market strategies mean that you will be called upon to supply your expertise in back office processes and procedures as these strategies are proposed, planned, and launched. Your participation in these activities is essential as it will enable the department to successfully deliver on key Dyson initiatives. New customer/product line specific contracts require you to translate contract language and use your strong analytical skills to develop auditable worksheets.
Together with the Group Credit Manager and team in the UK, you will take ownership of compliance (and challenges to) our credit policies and procedures, develop and interpret meaningful reports and analyses, examine existing processes and implement changes to drive best practices and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that we remain credit insurance (and group credit policy) compliant and that our policies are optimal to balance risks and benefits. Recommend changes as appropriate.
- Manage credit insurer/broker relationships to optimize available coverage and facilitate positive decisions which support on-going Dyson strategies/growth aspirations.
- Authorize and manage new account creation in SAP to insure that credit limits and terms are in line with policy requirements. Insure that all requirements have been met by other back office departments (logistics, sales order processing, tax, finance and accounting) prior to account creation.
- Manage periodic reviews of master data (e.g. credit limits, customer details, etc.).
- Be an advocate for the Dyson Credit Policy, communicating and enforcing the rules to ensure they are always applied and that we achieve our goal of minimizing risk, including acting to restrict/stop orders as appropriate.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (sales, marketing and finance teams, management, directors, etc.) to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships, supporting and advising in all aspects of credit insurance and Dyson policies and reinforcing the positive contribution the back office provides to the wider business.
- Be proactive in the identification of opportunities to improve performance (system, procedural or behavioral) and contribute to the formulation and delivery of enhancements.
- Work closely with operational teams to drive the prompt resolution of deductions.
- Examine and challenge current deduction processes, working with stakeholders to establish and implement improved/efficient ways of working
- Contribute to business change by proactively participating in projects to ensure factors relating to accounts receivable/credit are captured and appropriately managed while supporting the on-going development/growth of Dyson.
- Ensure all reporting is meaningful and accompanied by appropriate commentaries that explain results/variances (debtor analysis, compliance monitors, provision calculations/postings, DSO’s, monthly dashboards, etc.).
- Work with operational teams, review/discuss results and work in partnership to drive improvements in performance (achieve DSO targets, resolve queries promptly, etc.).
- Set functional objectives and longer term goals in line with local/Group initiatives & requirements
- Support the development of your team by consistently monitoring and tracking team development goals, performance goals and action steps on Personal Development Plans
- Provide the team with guidance/focus to achieve objectives (drive customer behaviours so that payments are received on time, work to minimise overdues by the prompt resolution of queries and avoid bad debts by the diligent application of Dyson credit policies, etc.).
- Management of budgetary needs regarding credit related costs.
- Ensure that good effective communication is always carried out (e.g. notification of changes to policy, insurance, etc.) with all relevant teams/departments and the customer.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as directed by the Controller or CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics
- Minimum of ten years of combined experience in finance, credit and collections
- At least 5 years experience in a senior accounts receivable leadership role
- SAP system experience strongly desired
- A high level of numeracy and proficiency in the development and use of Excel worksheets.
- The ability to work and lead others in a dynamic, fast moving environment.
- skills enabling continued support, motivation and development of the team.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to forge effective/collaborative relationships throughout the business and with external contacts alike.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Able to review and challenge understandings to propose change.
- Proactive approach to developing and enhancing systems and processes.
- Be able to manage change and also manage others to adapt quickly to change.
- Drive for results.
- Knowledge of credit insurance practices and processes is also desirable.
Dyson US monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, holidays and retirement plans. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy profit-related bonuses and life and disability cover. But financial rewards are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fueling and realizing ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to email@example.com or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.