Senior Aerodynamics Engineer
£Competitive + bonus + 27 days holiday + pension
• Take a leading role in delivery of product focused motor aerodynamics to support new development of Dyson Digital Motors.
• Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques and conduct detailed aero and thermal numerical analysis.
• Organisation and running testing
• Analyse test results, summarise findings and communicate to other members of RDD including senior managers and directors, ensuring all work is reported and recorded.
• Liaise with internal research teams to ensure effective transfer and integration of technology into future product.
• Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers and product teams, taking a lead role and responsibility for the areas of aerodynamic design of the motor, fluid flow and thermal management. Support this advice through experimental validation and other relevant analysis methods and tools (including CFD).
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers at all levels, including the relevant technical teams in the Far East (travailing might be required)
• Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to ensure that the product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met, all within the planned timeline of the project
• Improve and develop processes for efficiency, validity and fidelity.
• A first degree or Masters in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• Fundamental knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
• Experience in using commercial CAD tools, preferably Siemens NX.
• A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, with previous experience in using ANSYS / NUMECA / CONCEPTS tools.
• Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
• Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
• A good working knowledge of MS Office and ideally MATLAB.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally
• Excellent team-working skills
• Experience of developing models for testing
• Experience in design for manufacture techniques and material selection to meet a product specification requirement would be a distinct advantage
• A willingness to learn and understand components and systems impacts on aerodynamics