Senior Aerodynamics Engineer
• Take a leading role in delivery of aerodynamic targets.
• Develop new innovative aerodynamic concepts to provide ground breaking solutions to meet airflow targets.
• Set-up, run and analyse CFD simulations and present results to relevant teams.
• Produce high quality surface models of concepts for CFD evaluation
• Design of aerodynamic concept components for release for prototype models, manufacture and testing
• Improve and develop processes for efficiency, validity and fidelity.
• Organisation and running testing
• Produce report summaries and present findings to senior management
• An advanced knowledge and understanding of theoretical, experimental and numerical aerodynamics.
• Demonstrable industrial experience of the application of CFD or experimental techniques in aerodynamics to enable project success.
• Knowledge of surface mesh preparation.
• Strong experience in freeform parametric surfacing and solid modelling part design
• Excellent/Master’s degree in Aerodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered)
• Experience of aerodynamic testing, including instrumentation, data acquisition and processing
• Experience of developing models for testing
• Experience in design for manufacture techniques and material selection to meet a product specification requirement would be a distinct advantage
• A willingness to learn and understand components and systems impacts on aerodynamics
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information, both in writing and verbally
• Proven ability to work autonomously with responsibility to deliver to tight project deadlines.
• Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure
• Creative approach to data visualisation, representation and manipulation.