Senior Aerodynamics Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday, Bonus, Pension
Research at Dyson is composed of multi-disciplinary teams that collaborate to produce the innovation behind the next generation of our products. Each Research Engineer gains an insight into our challenges and developments across a variety of disciplines such as aerodynamics. Research across all teams is driven by cutting-edge experimental, computational and analytical methods.
A senior aerodynamic engineer is expected to drive product development from a thermal and fluid dynamic perspective whilst also considering all aspects of the technology and have some project management and people management skills. This integrated multidisciplinary approach to product development fosters a vibrant learning environment and provides a unique opportunity to develop as an engineer.
- Scope, initiate and deliver products focused technology projects to the Dyson range plan.
- Coordinate complex technical projects requiring multidisciplinary and multiphysics approach
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques including empirical/low order modelling techniques
- Conduct detailed theoretical analysis of these technologies using analytical methods and CFD to increase understanding and insight within the team.
- Analyse results, summarise findings and communicate these to other members of Research including senior managers and directors.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure effective transfer of technology into future product range.
- Identify potential research areas which would benefit from new technology development.
- Present concepts to James Dyson and the Exec. team, when required.
- Demonstrable experience as an aerodynamic engineer
- Degree ideally in aerodynamics and thermodynamics or related area such as physics or applied math.
- Good understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement.
- A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD, with previous experience of ANSYS-Fluent and/or ANSYS-CFX beneficial.
- Fundamental knowledge of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
- Self-motivated and driven to driven succeed