Senior Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst
Salary will be based upon experience and credentials.
Chicago, IL USA
As the Senior Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success and growth of Dyson by establishing local business intelligence (“BI”) competency in the Americas region. You will engage with internal business stakeholders of all levels from right across the business, consult with them, and provide support & guidance in defining and delivering their BI needs.
Dyson is a global technology company headquartered in Malmesbury, UK. We transform every category we enter with radical and iconic reinventions that work, perform and look very different. We're about better ideas and better technologies, to solve the problems that others often ignore.
Dyson has over 25 years of experience and expertise in whole machine HEPA filtration and filter media and has its own in-house microbiology lab. Armed with the sort of equipment usually associated with hospital laboratories, Dyson’s two microbiology laboratories offer new research and support to the engineering project teams to develop hygienic purification devices.
Global R&D continues apace, with Dyson developing ambitious new technologies including power systems, motors, vision systems, filtration systems, robotics, machine learning, and AI. It is bringing this powerful combination together into new and existing products, focusing global expertise at key locations in Singapore, UK and China.
For a Dyson machine to be successful, it requires rigorous commercial consideration. From the first prototype, to beyond its unboxing. Our strong financial planning and operations are what take Dyson ideas beyond the labs of RDD, onto shelves, and into the homes of our owners across the world. Forecasting, allocating and auditing our resources without ever compromising the integrity and entrepreneurial spirit that defines our business. And with a 25-year pipeline of future Dyson machines on the horizon, all our Finance teams are set to play a crucial role in delivering every single one
- Convert business questions and high-level data collection needs into well-specified analyses and reporting requirements
- Look at data in the context of business development, considering external competitive or cooperative opportunities, in-house and key stakeholder inputs as well as existing corporate knowledge.
- Engage as the subject matter expert on our selected platforms – such as SAP Business Objects and Tableau – and successfully deploy business intelligence solutions to satisfy information requirements.
- Promote the use of BI solutions throughout the business and help ensure they are a key part in decision making.
- Gather BI requirements, design solutions and work with developers on their delivery.
- Manage business change and adoption by co-ordinating delivery through to release.
- Ensure functional and/or technical documentation is provided to secure a successful handover of the solution, where appropriate.
- Support project management activities as required.
- Relish the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Fix things that need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Extensive and hands-on experience in using SAP Business Objects Enterprise Tools, Tableau & Tableau Server, and other analytics/visualization tools
- Hands-on experience with integration from the SAP ecosystem and Google Cloud Platform and other databases
- Understanding and use of BW content across multiple disciplines e.g. FI/CO, SD, MM etc
- Experience of project delivery / business change within Business Intelligence
- Proven strategic thinking
- Determined to identify solutions and be prepared to overcome obstacles to follow through plans to completion; focused on delivery
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply
- Process focus and detail oriented
- Appreciation of the role of systems within business operations/Impacts of major change
- Ability to tell a story with data, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills (written, oral, and across Microsoft Office Suite)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree preferred