Senior CAD/CAM Specialist
Dyson have a rich heritage of cutting-edge design and are renowned for creating ground-breaking and stylistic products. There is now an exciting opportunity for an Senior Cad/Cam Machinist to join Dyson’s world leading Research, Design and Development Centre based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
- Machining of prototype parts for technology research and product. Skills required in a Skilled Machinist
- Must have the knowledge to use of both manual and CNC lathes and CNC Machining centres.
- Consistent in the delivery of the required level of accuracy and quality
- Work closely with engineers to help produce prototype parts which lead to better products which are cost effective to manufacture.
- To be a proactive member of the Product Prototype team who offers practical ideas and solutions
- To mentor and instruct junior members of the team and help to build a new team of Apprentices with specialist skills
- Preferably a time served Specialist Machinist with a minimum of a NVQ Level 3 in Engineering or Equivalent of ONC/HNC qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a machine shop environment
- We are looking for Senior Skilled Machinists who have experience using the following CNC machinery (Hurco, Fanuc and XYZ Protrak controls)
- The knowledge of EDM wire cutting machines would be beneficial
- Ability to work from various starting points i.e. sketches, verbal instruction and engineering drawings.
- Communicate effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role