Senior CAD/CAM Specialist
- Dyson have a rich heritage of cutting-edge design and are renowned for creating ground-breaking and stylistic products.
- There is now an exciting opportunity for an Senior Cad/Cam Machinist to join Dyson’s world leading Research, Design and Development Centre based in Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
- Machining of prototype parts for technology research and product. Skills required in a Skilled Machinist
- Must have the knowledge to use of both manual and CNC lathes and CNC Machining centres.
- Consistent in the delivery of the required level of accuracy and quality
- Work closely with engineers to help produce prototype parts which lead to better products which are cost effective to manufacture.
- To be a proactive member of the Product Prototype team who offers practical ideas and solutions
- To mentor and instruct junior members of the team and help to build a new team of Apprentices with specialist skills
- Preferably a time served Specialist Machinist with a minimum of a NVQ Level 3 in Engineering or Equivalent of ONC/HNC qualifications
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a machine shop environment
- We are looking for Senior Skilled Machinists who have experience using the following CNC machinery (Hurco, Fanuc and XYZ Protrak controls)
- The knowledge of EDM wire cutting machines would be beneficial
- Ability to work from various starting points i.e. sketches, verbal instruction and engineering drawings.
- Communicate effectively and regularly at all levels required for the role
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines