IoT Cloud Software Engineer
You will be a dedicated Cloud / Backend Software Engineer who is passionate about Lean Software Development and code craftsmanship, who is happy to work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary team.
In 2016 we launched our first two connected products and already have a connected user base of hundreds of thousands across twenty countries. By leveraging our culture of design and engineering excellence with an innovative startup mentality we won the 2016 T3 Connected product of the year, and our ambitions for 2018 and beyond are even more exciting. If you thrive on working in a collaborative, stimulating, fast moving environment and relish difficult software engineering challenges, then we want to speak to you!
Internet connected products is a growing area for Dyson where we aim to continue are reputation of being innovative and disruptive. We’re building world-class cross functional Agile teams and adopting the latest technology and techniques to ensure we can deliver our ambitious vision in the connected space. You’ll be working to create a world-class user experience in one of the fastest moving consumer technology domains, alongside other engineers, designers, commercial strategists and electronics engineers.
- Push code daily that will be relied upon by our ever-growing fleet of connected users and products
- Develop new features and extending existing platform using C#, NodeJS, Python and a range of deployment automation and monitoring tools
- Support and coach software developers through advice, guidance and pairing
- Work effectively as a key member of an agile development team utilising Scrum based methodologies and tool suites e.g. Atlassian JIRA/Stash
- Steer and guide the direction of development in order to assist platform growth and feature enrichment
- Partner with your team mates to have ownership of the deployment of code through test environments towards production and the handling of any issues that arise
- Experienced software developer in C#, NodeJS or Java
- Broad knowledge of software development processes
- Good understanding of DevOps practices and have used them to build CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge and development of Cloud based systems using AWS/Azure or Docker-based container management systems
- Strong understanding of BDD and TDD, unit testing, performance testing, mocking and contract interfaces
- Experience of design and implementation using SOLID principles, design patterns and architectures
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines