Senior Brand & Marketing Manager (Environmental Care)
£Competitive + Bonus
The Senior Commercial Manager EC will be accountable for the Environmental Control (EC) category within Germany. Working with the Head of Category / Category Director, he/she will plan, lead, and deliver category plans and marketing/communication projects to support our ambitious category performance in terms of profitability and growth.
Working with a cross functional team both within Germany and with Group functions, he/she will help to define and deliver the commercial strategy for the category, within the context of the German growth strategy and Dyson’s global category ambitions.
1. Own the category by fully understanding the market, consumer, influencers, competitors and retail customers in the environmental control (EC) category.
2. Develop and deliver the marketing/communication plan to the consumer
• Develop and implement the category plan for environmental control (EC) in Germany.
• Author and gain agreement for a comprehensive marketing/communications plan to help deliver the environmental control P&L across all marketing channels.
• Drive delivery of the plan working collaboratively with the local Marketing teams and Group Marketing / Environmental Control Commercial.
• Build up relevance and awareness for indoor air quality through influencers, press and (social) media.
• Collaborate with the Retail Activation team and digital teams to achieve 5 star in-store and online merchandising of product, appropriate to the season/weather
• Prove the effectiveness of communications activity to prove the benefit to the business.
• Work with customer services to ensure that all Dyson owner contact points work to improve owner loyalty.
• Conduct relevant research with Insights Team to understand profile of the Dyson environmental control customer and drivers of purchase and deliver clear and actionable insights.
• Ensure all on-product and in-box communication is fine tuned to drive sales and communicate brand benefits.
• Proactively own and manage marketing projects; ensure timely execution of all planned activities.
• Ensure solid cooperation with other category teams, sales, digital, direct, retail marketing, Group and other EU market hubs
3. Drive the commercial success of the EC category
• Contribute to European range planning work to maximise long term profitability.
• Work closely with sales to ensure the sales plan and category plans are aligned and well executed to deliver the P&L. Proactively propose and agree retail communication, activation and promotions to respective KAM and retail activation team
• Constantly monitor business situation in high level of detail, pragmatically adjust plans and execution to quickly implement learning
• Drive competitor analysis to ensure appropriate business response.
• Continuously and proactively manage category Brand Building Investment.
4. Fulfil other duties as required
•Pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
•Fix things that you can see need fixing
•Identify problems and find solutions.
5. Team leadership
•Responsible for the line management, personal development and leadership of two direct reports
• Has previous experience (~5-7 years) and commercial success as Product Manager, Business Manager, Marketing Manager, Category Manager in industries such as consumer electronics, consumer appliances, FMCG or comparable.
• Sell through focus
• Experience working closely with and partnering with cross functional teams especially, Consumer Research, Digital and other marketing related functions
• Strong knowledge of influencer management and digital media
• Experience working with and managing media and promotion agencies
• Performs best when challenged and stretched, high agility in execution
• Is able to quickly and concisely summarize sales & marketing performance, outlook, current issues etc. to senior level management.
• Has demonstrated the ability to bring in new ideas and is ultimately focused on execution and makes sure things get done.
• High willingness to learn, strong collaborator and connector with ability to influence others and take full ownership of results.
• Strong oral and written communication and influencing skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization within Germany, Group and other market hubs.
• Fluency in German & English
• Articulate, able to communicate their vision and plans to others verbally and in writing
• Confident and strong influencer who must be ready to take on battles and win
• Self-starter who sees things to completion
• Strong initiative: strong bias for action - wants and takes accountability
• Creative thinker who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and to take smart risks
• Entrepreneurial spirit and results driven
• Driven by a desire to win and for continuous improvement
• Energetic, engaging and positive approach
• Visible passion for product
• Strong team player, approachable and supportive