Senior Commercial Manager
Purpose of Role
It is an exciting time in Dyson Professional, we are moving from being a hand dryer business to offering a cross category portfolio of products in over 54 markets: lighting, purification, and hair dryers all complementing our core hand drying business.
Lighting is one of the newer categories in the Dyson Professional portfolio. We have strong ambitions for the category across both our B2B and consumer business. To support these ambitions we are looking for an experienced Senior Commercial Manager to lead the category within our Professional team.
Alongside the Dyson Professional Commercial director, you will be responsible for creating and driving a global direction and leading the implementation in our key markets. The successful candidate will need to establish themselves as the respected global commercial lead for lighting and work closely with the markets sales directors and marketing directors to deliver our plans. Success in the role will be dependent on influencing, relationship building and working cross-functionally with engineering, creative, claims and legal to deliver agreed strategic objectives.
We need someone who can break away from norms and think differently: someone who can take a category in the early stages of growth and ambitiously drive for success.
1. Develop & excellently execute the Go-To-Market strategy for both lighting B2B and B2C business.
- Provide initial commercial and project directions for markets to achieve their 2018 stretch plan.
- Work in collaboration with the markets to tailor the go-to-market strategy to their local needs and ensure it is executed brilliantly.
- Lead a cross functional group team to deliver key collateral needed to drive awareness and generate high quality leads which result in sales.
- Measure success, share best practice and continual improve our sales propositions to allow us to win in a competitive market place.
2. Lead two game changing global product launches and prepare for the future.
- Work in partnership with product management, engineering, claims and legal to develop winning propositions. Translate this proposition into a marketing and sales tool kit.
- Work together with the markets on launch planning, ensuring we set are set up to deliver success, fast.
- Set clear KPI’s and process to manage NPD launch success. Communicate success/learning back to the business and continually optimized launch tool kits based on market feedback.
- Always looks to the future and thinking what’s next to drive growth within lighting. Gain insights from markets, customers and competitors to feed into the engineering team.
3. Demonstrate strong commercial acumen by jointly owning the global lighting P&L.
- Work in collaboration with the global finance team to closely manage every element of the P&L: volume, GM, BBI, overheads and profit.
- Proactively recommend action to ensure we driving towards delivering our stretch targets in 2017.
- Plan the annual BBI investment strategy, ensuring return on investment.
4. Invest in People
- Be the global lighting expert and ambassador: build the global sales & marketing team’s knowledge on category, brand, technology and competitors.
- Motivate and inspire both direct and indirect reports through transparent and measurable performance objectives.
5. Build winning relationships.
- At a market level: establish yourself as the respective Global commercial lead with countries sales directors and marketing managers. Work collaboratively with all markets to ensure their needs are being met and they are being armed with the tools they need to drive growth in their market.
- At a group level: provide effective cross-functional leadership and coordination to galvanize the central team behind key lighting projects and drive through execution. Including: creative, PR, digital, graphics, copy, claims and legal.
Previous experience of leading marketing activity for a consumer or business or business category
Previous experience in a global marketing role covering UK, European and worldwide markets
Educated to degree standard
Minimum of 5yrs + marketing experience preferably across B2B and consumer channels
Ability to talk to and influence key decision makers
Ability to think creatively and find new ways to solve problems
A strong team player with the ability to build relationships across central and global market teams
Strong listening and questioning ability.
Good commercial acumen
Strong project management with the ability to manage multiple projects
Effective and concise communicator both written and verbal