Senior Commodity Manager
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
As the Senior Commodity Manager you will have overall responsible for managing relationships Contract Manufacturers (CM) which will include implementing and executing cost down programs. As the main interface between Dyson and (CMs) on commercial and contractual matters it is important to develop relationships with key personnel to ensure that there is an adequate level of trust and an in depth understanding of the business requirements on both sides.
Not too far away is Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The position will manage all commercial contracts, cost and claim negotiation with suppliers while working with cross functional teams to ensure smooth operations with our manufacturing partners.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to,
- Responsible for product allocation strategy in line with Dyson Blue Print and transformation programme.
- Ensure that Dyson commercial and financial objectives are aligned with the overall manufacturing strategy.
- Identify and lead / facilitate cost optimization initiatives in relation to manufacturing.
- Responsible for implementing and executing cost down programs with Contract Manufacturers
- Main interface between Dyson and Contract Manufacturers (CMs) on commercial and contractual matters.
- Develop relationships with key CM personnel to ensure that there is an adequate level of trust and an in depth understanding of the business requirements on both sides.
- Execute the right business processes to ensure governance of control of the spend and cost with regards to our outsourced manufacturing.
- Support Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing and Supply Chain to ensure smooth operations with our manufacturing partners and manage risk to our build plan.
- Manage contract negotiations and contract execution in line with the manufacturing contract and operations manual
- Responsible for dealing with matters between Dyson and CMs which breach the terms of the agreed contract
- Manage bidding process and product allocation for all new products that come through the Dyson development cycle.
- Manage CM scorecards and ensure completion and compilation for quarterly performance reviews
- Settle and advise on conflicts/ dispute resolution/ exposure claims
- Work with RDD on speed project allocations encompassing tool making, moulding, painting and assembly
- Ensure all commercial activity is supported and identify & resolve all contract & commercial issues
- Ensure the CMs fully support the Dyson CSR programme
- Manage all contract close outs, extensions and renewals
- Degree / Diploma in Engineering with at least 8 years’ experience within the procurement function.
- Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing/ Engineering environment
- Experienced in dealing with OEM/ EMS/CM vendors.
- Understanding and experience of SEA procurement & legal regulations
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Capable in planning and project management
- Strong business acumen, ability to analyze data and spot anomalies
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.