Senior Compliance Analyst
Calamba Laguna, Philippines
The Role:The position should be able to contribute effectively to the development and implementation of policies and procedures, preferably those relating to taxation compliance, planning and risk assessment and with high level of analytical skill in reviewing tax practices and a working knowledge of laws, rulings and regulations.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Analyst to join a rapidly developing and constantly growing cutting edge consumer goods business. Dyson are expanding its footprint in SEA and are looking for experienced staff to take Dyson through it's next stage of growth.
The position is needed to ensure compliance on government regulations such as with BIR, SEC, PEZA, BSP, local and other government agencies. This will also enable a more focused attention to check on any issues if any and implement improvements and/or tax savings.
- Liaise with government offices (BIR, PEZA, SEC, BOC, local municipalities). Ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Monitors and reviews the company's practice and recommends measures to reduce unnecessary tax payments and/or save on taxes
- Ensures Accurate and timely submission and payment of taxes to the BIR
- Prepares tax computations
- Prepares journal entries for the tax payments and adjustments
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation related to tax accounts
- Reviews supporting documents (OR, SI, contracts) to ensure compliance with the rules
- Reviews tax memorandum in relation to the alignment of tax practices
- Initiates development of a tax program, work instructions and training materials
- Attends to government audits and documentation requirements;
- Compilation of financial statements both for the branch and home office
- Facilitates external audits
- Prepares PEZA reports
- PEZA registration of new activity if any
- Update of security deposit with SEC
- Update of SEC registrations for any amendments
- Capital injection registration with BSP
- Process business permits renewal
- Preparation of related local and regional reports
- Filing and archiving of the (soft & hard copy) duly filed returns & attachments, working papers and supporting documentations
- Candidate must be a Certified Public Accountant and preferably with BOA accreditation
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accountancy
- With relevant experience in taxation, audit or equivalent.
- Updated knowledge in government legislations (BIR, SEC, PEZA, local government, BOC)
- Moderate to advanced Excel skills (e.g. VLOOKUP, pivot tables etc) to extract, analyse, manipulate, present and interpret large amounts of data effectively
- Preferably with SAP experience
- Able communicate to effectively with people inside and outside the company who have diverse backgrounds, languages and objectives
- Ability to manage own time and workload and work towards deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment