Senior Component Engineer
Work closely with Electronics Hardware Engineering and Electronics Procurement Team, during part selection in the design stage.
Develop and implement new processes for selection, qualification and management of electronic components.
Increase the visibility and support of the Component Engineering team to RDD Electronics Engineers in the UK.
Handle new part sourcing activity based on specification from electronics engineer.
Involved in alternative part sourcing for single source components, and responsible for reviewing the alternative part proposals from procurement team as well as liaise with RDD Electronics Engineers for necessary action.
Own and manage electronics component database.
Responsible for maintaining component database and keeping up to date with new component creation requests from Electronics team.
Responsible for reviewing production intent BOM - BOM Health Assessment.
Work closely with quality and reliability team, capture and handle components which have quality and reliability concerns.
Familiar with electronics component industry and have good relationships with part manufacturer representatives.
Main channel of electronics component PCN (product change notification) activity and responsible for reviewing the PCN document from part manufacturers as well as trigger RDD Electronics Engineers for necessary action.
Responsible to manage part EOL issues.
Work closely with electronics engineers during component failure analysis at PCBA level.
Involved in supplier audit to qualify and manage electronic components.
Execute Part Evaluation (including stress and robustness testing)
Develop the required jig or fixture for part evaluation test.
Subject matter expert for key components.
Manage component compliance related requirements.
Work closely with Component Engineering colleagues in Malaysia/Singapore.
Role will require occasional international travel to Dyson sites in Malaysia/Singapore
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Communication) or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in Electronics component industry.
Strong understanding of various electronics component functions and specification
Working knowledge of electronics solution design and development process.
- Capable to deliver high quality results within tight time deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively as a team.
- Highly motivated person with good communication skills and able to work within a team
- Independence, Integrity and self driven with a strong focus on results
- Preferably personnel specializing in Engineering, particularly in “Electronics” environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English