Senior Data Analyst
£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Free Gym +27 days holiday
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention.
Dyson HQ, is tucked away in the Wiltshire countryside, our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The growing campus is the heartbeat of Dyson. Benefitting from an onsite Gym, sports pitch, multiple cafes and a nature walk. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
The Marketing Analytics Data Environment (MADE) programme is key in putting the Owner at the heart of the Dyson business and establishing a data-driven operating model. The MADE dataset will capture key consumer interactions from source systems (internal & external data sets) to help build and inform the enriched profiles we use to personalise our communications with Owners.
The Digital Analyst is responsible for helping support the Made Programmes overall measurement approach to digital and social media - demonstrating the effectiveness of our work, for delivering actionable insights and for refining the operational delivery of results and analysis on an ongoing basis.
You will make it your business to capture requirements, to understand objectives and to offer the right reporting solution for each brand and/or brief. It could be a large, extensive, insight-led project, or it might be a quicker, more ad hoc set of queries, or it might amount to more routine weekly / monthly surfacing of results and observance of trends.
This is not a junior position, but it will offer the opportunity to learn valuable skills and experience in the field of analytics, supporting (and being supported by) the senior members of the team.
- to analyse and interpret data relating to digital activity, to identify insights in respect of consumer behaviour and content performance, and to make actionable recommendations in aid of digital strategy and creative work.
- to create dashboards, write reports and deliver presentations to clients that surface results, findings and suggested improvements.
- to liaise with clients, strategists and client service to gather requirements, to understand client objectives, to turn these into performance KPIs, and to tailor reporting and analysis to actual business needs – particularly in respect of format and frequency.
- to provide some support and/or oversight to the wider Strategy and Client Service teams regards any of their, more basic, reporting needs.
- to act as an evangelist for analytics, helping to educate both clients and the agency about digital effectiveness / ROI.
- experienced at working in the analytics space.
- a firm grasp of digital metrics.
- experience in SQL and experience
- experience of setting KPIs and creating measurement frameworks.
- an aptitude for dashboard creation, and pulling data from different data sources. We use Tableau. Knowledge of this or similar platform would be advantageous.
- terrific attention to detail, and very high personal standards when it comes to quality, method and rigour.
- possessed of a passion and a curiosity for numbers, online businesses, emerging platforms and ongoing developments in the world of analytics.
- intellectually curious and tech savvy.
- excellent numerical skills.
- brilliant interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- superb written skills.
- good, confident presentational skills.
- ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a company bonus and 27 days annual leave. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.