Senior Data Analyst
£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Free Gym +27 days holiday
Are you a passionate analyst with experience in commercial data with a strong focus on social? Looking for a challenging role within one of the UK’s most interesting companies?
You will play a major role with the central Data Services team. Not just collating and distributing knowledge and insight to our global markets but nudging our strategic position.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
The Marketing Analytics Data Environment (MADE) program is key in putting the owner at the heart of the Dyson business and establishing a data-driven operating model. The MADE dataset will be used to capture key interactions from source systems (internal & external data sets) to help you build and inform the enriched profiles we use to personalize our communications with Owners.
- to analyze and interpret data relating to digital and social activity, to identify insights in respect of consumer behavior and content performance, and to make actionable recommendations in the field of digital strategy and creative work.
- to create dashboards, write reports and deliver presentations to stakeholders that surface results, findings and suggested improvements.
- to liaise with clients, strategists and client service to gather requirements, to understand client objectives, to turn these into performance KPIs, and to tailor reporting and analysis to actual business needs – particularly in respect of format and frequency.
- to provide some support and/or oversight to the wider Strategy and Client Service teams regards any of their, more basic, reporting needs.
- to act as an evangelist for analytics, helping to educate both clients and agencies about digital/social effectiveness.
- experienced at working in the analytics space.
- a firm grasp of digital and social metrics.
- Competent with native platform analytics: Facebook insights, Twitter analytics, YouTube analytics.
- experience in SQL
- KPIs and creating measurement frameworks.
- an aptitude for dashboard creation, and pulling data from different data sources. Knowledge of Tableau or similar platform would be advantageous.
- terrific attention to detail, and very high personal standards when it comes to quality, method and rigour.
- possessed of a passion and a curiosity for numbers, online businesses, emerging platforms and ongoing developments in the world of analytics.
- intellectually curious and tech savvy.
- excellent numerical skills.
- brilliant interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- superb written skills.
- good, confident presentational skills.
- ability to manage multiple projects
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines