Senior Data Migration Analyst
£Competitive Day Rate
A Senior Data Migration analyst to take responsibility for the development, testing, execution and support of data migration routines
How would you like to work somewhere tucked away in a quiet corner of Wiltshire? Only 15 minutes from the M4 and well-connected by rail, our Malmesbury HQ is home to more than 3,500 people in a growing campus that houses our IT, Finance, Group Commercial, RDD and GB & Ireland Market teams. With 3 cafes, a gym and sports facility and a selection of iconic engineering legends including our Harrier and Lightning jets, an inspirational place to work and the Digital team is based in the most recently built, agile workspace.
We’ve implemented a completely new commerce system (Hybris) and content platform (AEM) to transform the way we explain our technology, with completely new engaging, interactive visual assets and a purchase journey that outperforms global leaders like Apple and B&O. It’s a cornerstone of our global drive to more direct sales and a closer relationship with our customers.
At the same time, our existing platform continues to serve our global customer base with commerce functionality, rich support content and customer engagement tools, and forms a core part of our IoT platform, powering our latest generation of connected products.
As a Senior Data Migration Analyst you will be responsible for developing testing, execution and support of data migration routines, ensuring that data is migrated as required from existing Dyson systems to support multiple phases of a global digital project.
• Working with a senior data migration analyst to understand the business requirements and create a solution that satisfies these.
• Assisting in analysing and profiling source data
• Inputting to data mapping documents and unit test plans
• Working with a senior developer to build data migration jobs in line with a signed off design and mapping document
• Building robust code using a variety of tools including SQL Server & Business Objects Data Services to create the data migration routines required by the programme
• Executing unit tests to ensure quality of code built
• Documenting results and sharing with wider team
Execution for final code:
• Supporting multiple programme test phases with execution of data migration routines to deliver data as and when needed
• Performing cutover activities when loading data into production
• Working to tight deadlines whilst ensuring the quality of delivery
We are looking for someone that poses a clear commercial background working with Microsoft SQL server and proven experience of data migrations, ideally within a SAP environment. You will have experience of data technologies to build creative solutions to some of Dyson’s biggest data challenges.
Ideally you will have SAP business objects data services experience and knowledge of both SAP Hybris and SAP ECC
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a company bonus and 27 days annual leave. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.