Senior Design Engineer - Motors
• Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to production. Lead other engineering colleagues as required to support this.
• Own engineering development plans and progress for both your work and for those you lead; report to technical management on risks, timescales and technical issues.
• Deliver designs that meet specification requirements and that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing.
• Develop 3D CAD and engineering drawings for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies. Review and approve work completed by others.
• Concept, develop and detail ideas for future motor parts and layouts.
• Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs.
• Work with other project team engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met. Demonstrate system level leadership to optimise product performance and solve complex engineering problems.
• Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency.
• Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate hand over either to other teams within the UK or Far East.
• A creative and agile mind, and a desire to develop your design and development skills in a fast pace environment.
• An ability to demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics and an awareness of the application of electronics.
• A broad understanding of material properties and manufacturing processes related to common engineering materials.
• An ability to demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving
• A degree in a relevant engineering, science or product design discipline.
• An ability to work in both a cross-functional team environment and independently. Demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done.
• Persistent approach to problem solving and an inquisitive nature Desirable:
• Appreciation of relevant motor technology or rotating machinery
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
• When required, travel to Far East for project transfer/engineering build support.