Senior Design Engineer - Automotive Instrument Panel
This role sits within the interiors team of our automotive function.
Malmesbury is tucked away in countryside famous for the landmarks of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. A charming Wiltshire market town doesn’t sound like the place to develop world leading technology, but it’s just right for us. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent–minded.
As part of the £2.5 billion investment, Dyson acquired a 650 acre plot in Hullavington. This former Royal Air Force base, just five miles from Dyson HQ, will increase our UK footprint tenfold. We’ll be turning old hangars into futuristic labs and workspaces – creating a campus to rival those in Silicon Valley..
We’ve begun work on a battery electric vehicle – that’s no secret. It has remained our ambition to solve the worldwide problem of air pollution for nearly 30 years. Now that we have the ability to bring all our technologies together into a single product, we’re able to solve this problem at the source. For now, it’s all about finding the right people to make it all happen for 2020.
Concept and series delivery of an IP system including the design and development of in-house components and sub-systems, as well as the management of suppliers:
- Defining and management of system level targets for function, cost and attributes.
- Management of aspects of the IP system project, in line with programme timing and the key deliverables.
- Reporting of the IP system project status at varying levels of the organisation, as well as facilitating and presenting within technical reviews.
- Multi-functional collaboration to ensure customer’ requirements are met, to high quality standards.
- Generate unique, innovative concepts utilising the latest material and construction technologies.
- Ensure IP system compliance to global regulations and standards.
- Design verification through the utilisation of both CAE simulation as well as “real world” tools.
- Liaising and management of development partners’ and suppliers’ delivery to timing and system level targets / specifications.
- Supporting the PMST leads with the IP system project delivery.
- Min. 5 years’ experience within the Interior Engineering discipline, primarily responsible for IP systems. Experience with overseeing the integration of IP safety systems from concept to series release, including the design verification.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Able to interrogate CAD data, with a level of competency with CAD modelling.
- Experience with NX software is favorable.
- Has experience with risk management and has a competency at balancing product and project delivery requirements.
- Is able to confidently and competently communicate complex issues to varying levels of audiences in an effective manner both verbally and in writing.
- Has the ability and flexibility to work effectively in an evolving environment as well as able to react positively and adapt to challenging situations.
- Willing to think outside of the box and challenge the norm with a realistic approach.
- Is responsible and accountable for their work. - Has the resilience to overcome obstacles and manage difficult situations
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.