Senior Design Engineer
Work with RDD teams to create or integrate and develop new technology research into the final design
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Our Design engineering team is the idea factory of Dyson. It’s where we took the bag out of the vacuum. The blades out of a fan. And the heat out of hand dryers. With free-flowing curiosity and creativity, ideas are never in short supply. The key is deciding which ones could change the world and which should, for now, be shelved. This is done by the New Product Innovation team, who pass on the best ideas to New Product Development. Sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining follow. It can take months, even years. But those ideas that make it are big. The ones that transform markets.
- Ensure Design for the safety and reliability of all Dyson products
- Ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly & validated through appropriate test methods
- Prepare for design/Research reviews & participate in as required
- Responsible for managing the self-performance and a small team within own function
- Good Degree (3.0 or higher)preferably in Mechatronics,Eelectromechanical, Mechanical or Product Design
- Minimum 5 years working experience in product design environment – direct involvement in plastic part design.
- Good experience in statistical tool, analysis and technique, DOE, root cause analysis
- Strong knowledge of electromechanical or mechatronic components is required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in programming- C or C++ is a MUST and with Visual Basics, Labview, MATLAB or GUI is very good advantage
- Good knowledge in manufacturing processes and techniques, tooling, plastic injection molding
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.