Senior Design Engineer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson RDD develop products which are deliberately different and verifiably better than the competition. These solutions are increasingly complex and require closer and closer integration of traditionally separate engineering disciplines. Our Product development team embody our machines and design for manufacture. We break down a complex engineering problem into digestible chunks: clarifying our products requirements, testing their functions, robustness, behaviour and structural architecture. The breadth of knowledge of our engineers, and their depth of knowledge of our technologies, allows them to question the solutions from any team, finding and resolving risks before they become issues.
As part of DYSON RDD Team, the Senior Design Engineer manages a team of engineers in design development of in-house products from conceptualization phase & design development which leads the project till production phase.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/processes
- Provides technical guidance to employees.
- Typically resolves complex problems, or problems where a precedent may not exist
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- Responsible for day to day operational management of a small team, ensuring quality of work & delivery of business objectives.
- Take a proactive approach in the generation of ideas/problem solving - present ideas and concepts to senior management.
- Create/develop products that meet or exceed the technical specification, cost, time, reliability & quality requirements.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of all Dyson products.
- Work seamlessly with RDD teams to utilise the wealth of technical skills to get best value from Dyson technologies.
- Challenge & develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve technologies/design/product quality
- Active participation in design/research reviews including with Exec
- Apply technical principles, theories and concepts as well as problem solving capabilities to resolve product design issues/risks.
- Provide technical leadership to engineers.
- Minimum BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5 yrs or more working experience in product design & development.
- Medical device design experience would be preferred.
- Experience in FDA regulations or similar regulatory requirements.
- Experience with selection of materials for medical devices that are suitable for their intended application.
- Experience in 3D modelling using CAD tools (e.g. NX, Pro-E).
- Relevant knowledge skills required which includes manufacturing processes (e.g. plastic injection moulding, metal stamping, die cutting), prototyping, tolerance stack analysis, PFMEA, DFMEA.
- A good team player with strong interpersonal communication skills.