HMI design lead will be responsible for creating early concept designs right through to fully defined HMI solutions. They will also be responsible for reviewing and agreeing the designs with key management and electronics teams. Candidate must have experience in developing user interfaces for multi tasking environments.
- Create innovative and novel UI concepts
- Effectively communicate concepts and ideas
- Understand and dictate control and feedback requirements
- Manage concepts with design and engineering teams as well as senior management
- Define detailed behavior of UI solutions to suit the requirements of electronics delivery teams.
- Play a leading role in developing systems for next generation products.
- Develop product feature lists and user cases to make rationalised design decisions.
- Communicating design intent through sketches, wire framing, story boards and prototypes.
- Collaborating with industrial designers, modelling teams and engineers to create seamless user experiences.
- Run user trails to evaluate design feasibility and analyse and present results.
- Create and own UI specs and requirements documentation through to production.
- Bachelor degree in Web Design, HMI (or related field) with professional experience OR Master's degree in Web Design and/or HMI and minimum.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience using prototyping and mockup tools.
- Experience with Usability Testing.
- Experience in mobile or tablet UI/UX design.
- Sound knowledge of materials and manufacturing requirements, mechanical properties and failure mechanisms.
- Good visual communication skills, drawing, sketching etc.
- Creative and methodical problem solving skills.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in an appropriate, concise and accurate fashion visually and in writing / verbally.
- Be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
- Self-starter - ability to work independently, take on new challenges readily, possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude
- Excellent team-working skills.