Data Visualisation Developer
Are you a passionate data analyst with experience in communicating data & insights to all levels of a business? Can you develop engaging, insightful and impactful visualisations that demand attention and drive action? Can you lead improvement programs on existing reports and analytical offerings to improve efficiency, performance and impact? Are you looking for a challenging role within one of the UK’s most interesting companies?
As the Senior Visualisation Designer you will form a key part of the data team embedded within the ‘Global Quality’ function at Dyson - which in turn is part of their world-class RDD facility. You will lead design improvement programs on existing reports and dashboards, design new engaging visualisations and concepts and be a key contributor to the overall information communication strategy within the team – helping us to share our data and insight to the business in ever more concise and engaging ways.
Dyson HQ, is tucked away in the Wiltshire countryside, our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology). The growing campus is the heartbeat of Dyson. Benefitting from an onsite Gym, sports pitch, multiple cafes and nature walks. Over 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
The Global Quality team analyse data and customer feedback, relentlessly improving product safety, reliability, usability and customer satisfaction. Each generation of Dyson technology must set the benchmark for the next. And with so many new categories on the way, our Global Quality team will need to be more inventive than ever. The team is vital to Dyson’s future technology.
The Senior Data Visualisation Developer is responsible for helping design engaging and insightful visualisations and reporting concepts in collaboration with other members of the Global Quality data team.
This role will report into a Lead Analyst within the Data team and will involve, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with a team of data analysts and data engineers within the Quality team within Dyson’s world renowned RDD facility.
- Translating large data sets into engaging visualisations and dashboards for internal consumption.
- Designing & building user-friendly reports to show varying types of data.
- Communicating complex ideas to a wide ranging audience.
- Improve graphical representation and efficiency of both existing and new reports published on our Tableau server site.
- Supporting the delivery of actionable insights to influence internal business decisions.
- Using a logical approach to solve complex design problems, and a user-centred approach to data visualization and UI design
- Collaborating closely with data engineers and with end customers to deliver engaging and insightful reports and dashboards.
- Experienced data analyst with a particular interest and strength in dashboard/ report design
- Extensive experience in working with Tableau or other comparable data visualisation software
- A keen interest in information design and communication
- Strong command of SQL querying language
- Confident in connecting to a wide range of data platforms e.g. Microsoft SQL server, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a company bonus and 27 days annual leave. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.