Senior Digital Designer
£Competitive + Bonus + Pension + Free on-site gym
We need a Senior Digital Creative to work within our Integrated Campaigns team. Reporting to the Digital Creative Head, you’ll work closely with a team of creatives and Commercial Managers to originate concepts and develop campaigns for all digital channels – websites, advertising, social media, CRM.
You’ll work on integrated campaigns that connect our brand and products with our customers, communicating our mantra of first / better / only, and setting us apart from the competition.
Dyson is growing. Fast. More products. New categories. More visual communications. We are a creative technology company with a global and iconic identity. Our mission is simple: We solve problems others ignore with exciting new technologies which defy convention. Communicating our products’ superiority with brevity and presenting ourselves in the right way is essential to selling, protecting identity, and building our hard earned Reputation. And every contact with our public contributes to the Dyson Experience, so each must reflect our values and philosophy. Perfectly.
The ‘Integrated Campaign Team’ is one of three core teams in the ‘Dyson Experience Group’. Its central role is to take product and/or market specific visual communications strategies from the Product Visual Communications Team and create fully integrated campaigns that populate all consumer journey touch points. This includes populating the controlled digital infrastructures and templates that feed both Dyson indirect AND direct experiences; and populating the controlled physical infrastructures and templates that feed Dyson indirect experiences.
The scope of the role requires you to create commercially effective, creatively brilliant digital work.
Your creative solutions will work across multiple platforms and connect seamlessly with all other facets of the campaign, communicating our performance superiority, setting us apart from the competition and building a customer journey that is compelling and accessible.
Working in a category specific team, you’ll collaborate with campaign and advertising creative to develop concepts that present a consistent message, drive engagement and convert consideration to purchase. Working with dedicated developers, you’ll also be responsible for ensuring that the final build delivers your creative vision whilst being robust and fit for purpose.
When required, you’ll also work with our in-house imagery and film teams to create the assetsrequired to support our campaign executions across all digital outputs.
1. Interrogating and interpreting creative briefs to establish solid foundations for all of
2. Collaboration with Commercial to build an understanding of the commercial drivers that
define our marketing activity.
3. Whilst ensuring regular communication with the Digital Creative Head in your category,
taking a leading role to see projects through from start to finish.
4. Bringing a fresh perspective to the design of interactive digital experiences
5. Ensuring all work is in line with Dyson brand values and follows the relevant brand and design
6. Creative thinking that takes already established product creative strategy and translates that
into dynamic digital creative executions.
7. Working with other creatives, brainstorming and sharing ideas.
8. Design and produce all core creative across required digital channels.
9. Work with the Digital Creative Lead and Creative Head of Digital Strategy to ensure your
work has been fully considered from the point of view of optimisation and A/B testing where
10. Whilst reporting into your category line manager, also take creative direction from the Digital
Creative Director to ensure consistency and coherence across all Dyson communications.
11. Confidently present your work with clarity to stakeholders underpinned by sound rationale.
12. Working with dedicated digital developers to ensure executions of final design (design/
animation, interactions etc.) into build are understood and pixel perfect across all digital
13. Developing an understanding of programmatic digital advertising. Use this knowledge to
create appropriate creative comms.
14. Staying abreast of the digital landscape – advancements in technology & design, trends in
social, connected products etc.
15. Continuous development and honing of the technical abilities relevant to the role.
16. Day to day line management of Junior Digital Creatives, taking responsibility for their career
development and regular reviews of performance.
17. Ensuring that deadlines are met and that all work is on-brand and on-brief.
Though you understand the constraints of digital development and build, you’re a creative first and foremost – you’re all about ideas. As such, you’ll be as at home with paper and pencil as you are with mouse and screen – able to quickly and intelligently articulate your ideas with sketches and scribbles. You’re a big picture thinker.
You have an inherent understanding of how digital creative connects to other media channels and forms a joined-up, compelling customer experience. You have experience of working as part of a wider team to deliver campaigns that work regardless of media, all of which is demonstrable through an excellent portfolio of past work gained over 5+ years working with leading or interesting brands.
You have in-depth knowledge, and experience, of designing responsive digital content that works across different devices (mobile, tablets, apps), as well as a good understanding of which platform works best for any given requirement.
You have an eye for detail and layout and typography matter as much to you as they would a print designer. You understand information architecture and can demonstrate user interface design skills. Basic programming / development skills are an advantage in informing the work you produce and facilitating the transition from design to build. A true ‘visual’ communicator, you’re excited by all things art and design and you find inspiration from a wide range of sources, utilising found images, mocked-up imagery and film, and mood boards to support your thinking and add weight to your ideas.
The other side of you is something of a digital obsessive and you have your finger on the pulse of the digital world – latest thinking and ideas, award wining creative, trends and advancements.
You’ll bring this knowledge to bear by looking for opportunities to expand Dyson’s thinking with regards to our digital output.
You’re an active contributor in group brainstorms and comfortable expressing your ideas, either informally, or in more formal presentations, both to peers and senior stakeholders.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a company bonus and 27 days annual leave. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.