Senior Electronics Engineer
The Senior RF Antenna Design Engineer – Antenna Specialist role involves specification, design, and test of antennas and RF circuits for new products across all of Dyson’s product categories. While primarily focused on data connectivity in the 2.4 – 5GHz range, you may also be challenged with antenna and circuit design developments across other frequency bands and protocols.
As part of the Electronics team you will work in close cooperation with the Connectivity and Apps development teams to provide end-to-end connected solutions for Dyson products, from early development through to market delivery. You may also work with Dyson’s Research and New Product Innovation teams to develop ideas involving novel radio frequency applications. The role requires a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person, ready to take on new design challenges with a pragmatic approach.
- Design of antennas and RF circuits for connected consumer and commercial products.
- Antenna design and simulation, circuit design, analysis, design reviews, supervising the verification and validation testing.
- Research into new technologies, proposing novel solutions to new & existing design problems.
- Proactive adoption of good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
Key Skills: As a Senior engineer you will be an experienced RF designer with specific experience of antenna design for low-power RF communication. You will be self-starting, self-powered and capable of working unsupervised to generate high quality design solutions. Preferably you will have experience of the whole product development lifecycle, from initial concept generation through to mass production and beyond, and have experience with design of RF systems for data connectivity.
- Degree qualified in a relevant electronics discipline.
- Experience of RF and antenna design through multiple product development cycles.
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory certification related to RF at the PCBA and product levels.
- Preferably some experience in a team or technology leadership role.