Senior Embedded Software Engineer
£Competitive + 27 Days Holiday + Bonus + Pension
We require embedded C programmers, with experience working at HW level to accelerate our product development using hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test techniques, support systems verification and streamline our production. This is a highly technical role, working with a broad range of technologies in a fast paced, creative and highly collaborative working environment.
Technology is at the heart of Dyson and we develop world class electronics to maintain the world beating performance and reliability of our products. As the complexity increases, so does the challenge to our electronics test capability. Our team tests the full range of Dyson products, including lighting, environmental control and robotics, and we develop new ways to test the secret new ideas for future designs.
- Create embedded software to control, monitor and test our systems
- Create interfaces to automated test solutions
- Work with R&D teams and production teams to determine requirements.
- Help develop HIL solutions across a number of different product categories
- Specify equipment and tools and infrastructure required for HIL testing
- Work with test engineers and to generate meaningful test data.
- Interface with engineers and managers to promote test engineering best practice across Dyson.
- Coordinate with test and development teams across multiple technical disciplines.
- Contribute to the definition and refinement of our processes.
- Embedded C/C++ experience
- Experience with embedded RTOS
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and peripherals.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in an Electronics or Software Engineering discipline.
- Experience working with multidisciplined engineering teams
- Good organisational skills, able to handle a broad and complex workload.
- Proven, structured approach to good coding and testing
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Labview or Python
- Knowledge of technical management / leadership within an electronics development environment.
- Experience of Requirements Management, System Design & Specification, Integration, Test Planning etc.
- Good organizational skills, able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and co-ordinate with the work of others